FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Viewer on same window as source?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Neon Black

Post Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:06 am

Viewer on same window as source?

Hell o,

I'm trying to move an immovable HUD element to another area of the window using a source/viewer. I try to make aviewer and ISBoxer deletes the source. What am I doing wrong? Thanks! :]

-NB
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:45 am

Re: Viewer on same window as source?

Yes.

From http://isboxer.com/wiki/Video_FX
Any number of viewers should be able to view the same source, however when the source and viewer are in the same window, the viewer will not operate

It is trying to prevent you from doing this...
<<

GhostPile

Post Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:04 pm

If I understand correctly, you cannot copy an element (source) in a window back to (viewer) that same windorw.

Is there any work around for this? Any plan to allow for this in the future if it's not possible now?

I ran into the same problem. It would be very handy for re-arranging immovable UI objects. It would also be super helpful for re-sizing objects on 4k+ monitors where there the UI doesn't have great high res UI support. This is my situation. In Eve, the maximum size of characters in the overview is still microscopic at 5k. Copying over overviews from other secondary character's windows looks great (after resizing) and it seems like it should be easy to do the same thing to resize the overview for the first character window. Seems like a good selling point for ISBoxer if there is a solution.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:36 pm

Is there any work around for this?

Yes, put a DxNothing window in your Character Set, make it Always On Top in your Window Layout, and put it over the top of your main area. Your VFX can then be handled by the DxNothing window instead of the window you're trying to view.
<<

GhostPile

Post Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:44 pm

Perfect! I'll give that a try. Thanks

Return to Video FX