FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How do I stop dxNothing from broadcasting?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Aradar

Post Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:25 pm

How do I stop dxNothing from broadcasting?

I've got the dxNothing window up with no Video FX and both Key Maps and Broadcasting off, however, when I click in the dxNothing window, all my characters move which is annoying while I'm trying to set up the Video FX windows.

For reference, this is in Diablo 3 with 4 stacked windows on one monitor and the dxNothing window on a second monitor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:50 pm

Re: How do I stop dxNothing from broadcasting?

The default config for D3 should have set your repeater targets up for D3 to exclude your DXnothing, although this will only work if the characters name is DXnothing (or you have the character in an ATG called DXNothing).

If it is not, you can work around it by:
1. Renaming the Character (this is the name of the node under Characters, right click, rename).
2. Create and Action Target Group, call it DXnothing and put your dxnothing Character in it.

If this is a mixed game configuration, then the exclusion on the broadcasting may not be in place, especially if you started this config a while ago. In that case, you need to update the Always On -> Activate Repeat mapped key. In Step 1 and 2, you will need to change the Target box for the first two actions in each step to be "isboxer&~dxnothing". For more info on what this means, look up, Target in the Wiki. You may also want to set the same target in the Repeater Profile.

/e: added the clarification about the ATG in the first sentence, which makes sense seeing as I then explained about it in the workarounds!! Stupid Stupid. Lax had to point it out later in the thread, but I figured I'd add back up here just in case it becomes a tl;dr for the next guy.
Last edited by bob on Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Aradar

Post Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:58 pm

Thanks for the reply.

It's a newer profile (last couple weeks) specifically for D3, however, it was set up with 4 characters and then I added dxnothing later with the character name being dxnothing.

When I go to D3-Always On -> Activate Repeat, step 1 and 2, the first two steps already Target "isboxer&~dxnothing".
<<

bob

Post Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:06 pm

Are you sure that your character set is using the D3 - Always On key map. And all the time?

Things to check would be:
1. Select the Character Set in the top left, and then in the lower left look at Key Maps, and the nodes under it. Does it have D3 - Always On there ? or just Always On?.
2. If you are using the toggle buttons, as well as the hotkey (or even just exclusively). Select your character set in the top left, then in the lower left select Menus -> Standard. Does it have an override button set ? Regardless, you should then select Menus -> Toggles in the top left, and then in the lower left, select either the Toggles button set, or the override one you found before, and then verify that the button set is running the Mapped Key from the Key Map that you expect.

Failing that, show us yer config.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:07 pm

this will only work if the characters name is DXnothing.

It can also be in an ATG called dxnothing
<<

Aradar

Post Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:44 pm

It says it using D3-Always On. Not sure what you mean by all the time.

1. Yes, it shows D3-Always On.
2. I use the Toggle buttons and Menus only shows Toggles, Standard is not active. As for Toggles, it is pointing to D3-Toggles which is pointing to D3-Always On.

Can I cut and past my config into notepad, wordpad, Word, etc.? I'd like to hide my account names but the profile is too large for pastebin.

Thanks.
<<

bob

Post Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:52 pm

You may use any text sharing site you like. Google finds plenty. Others are mentioned on the WIKI config sharing page. As long as it can provide the raw output.
You can also host the file on file sharing services if you like, but most are a PITA, and wont be checked. Dropbox is okay. GoogleDocs less so.

You can also put in your forum post, just tag it in the code tags.

The Copy To Clipboard function in ISBoxer has an option to hide your character/account names. Use it. Don't exclude the character sets or characters though because it then becomes useless (for checking this particular problem anyway). Provided you only have one dxnothing character, and they were called dxnothing in the treeview, we can work it out from there.
<<

Aradar

Post Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:37 pm

Hope this works; I tried a couple different things including putting it in the post in code but it was too large.

http://pasted.co/d1657742
<<

bob

Post Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:07 pm

It all looks okay, except that on the initial load of your character set, broadcasting will be enabled on your VideoFX because the Repeater Profile -> Default Broadcasting, is setting a default target of Window: All w/o Current, when it should be isboxer&~dxnothing.

Beyond that, you'll need to list out the exact steps you are taking, because it looks to me like it should work.
<<

Aradar

Post Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:48 pm

I made that change but it is still doing it.

I right click the character set to launch it. I enter with the first toon and then quick join with the others. I then click both toggles off and move my mouse to the dxnothing window. If I click in that window all my characters move.

In the main window, I can click and move one character (whichever is the focus) while the others stay still. Once I move the mouse over to the dxnothing window nothing happens, however, if I click in that window, a cursor shows up in the game window and all of the characters move. In fact, the characters will move farther than I can even click in game meaning far beyond the visible area of the game. It will also sometimes move the characters different directions even if they are sitting on top of each other.
Next

Return to Video FX