FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How do I stop dxNothing from broadcasting?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Aradar

Post Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:53 pm

Re: How do I stop dxNothing from broadcasting?

I have very little set up in this character set thanks to accidentally hitting save while my Video FX was hidden. Should I just erase the character set and redo it?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:19 am

Well, I can't see what you have in your VideoFX setup because it is not handled via the Actions, but rather the in game GUI. I suspect this is where your issue is.

You either:
1. Have a Repeater region, rather than videofx.
2. Have a mapped key, or even a key map, set on the Enter/Exit for the VideoFX viewer. If you have just a Key Map set here, then it may not be visible, and you would need to open the VideoFX data file in C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\Scripts (or wherever you have Inner Space installed), and check there.
The files are named ISBoxer.VideoFeeds.CHARSET.CHARNAME.xml. You'd be looking for the dxnothing character one.

If you have a repeater region you will also see in that scripts folder because you would have a file ISBoxer.Regions.CHARSET.CHARNAME.xml. If you have one of these for the DXnothing guy, then you might want to delete that.

Other than that, by all means, there is no reason why you can't have two ISBoxer profile files, or even just create a new one to test. You can make use of the File -> Save As, and File -> Clear options, and then run the Quick Setup Wizard again.
<<

Aradar

Post Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:14 am

Guess I'll be resetting it up as I've erased all VideoFeeds and Regions and its still doing it.

As a side question, I have 3 monitors, can I stack the games on the center monitor and have 2 dxnothing windows, one on each of the other two monitors?
<<

Aradar

Post Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:37 am

I redid it with two dxnothing windows and now it works fine so clearly something was messed up in the other config.

However, I no longer have D3 keymaps like D3-Always On, its just Always On, I'm guessing that is because it was the first character set in this profile?

Edit - when I say works fine, I have to turn off broadcasting first, it is not the default but my character names are dxnothing 1 and dxnothing 2 so I probably need create an Action Target Group for them.
<<

Aradar

Post Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:57 pm

Well I did a quick test earlier and thought it was working but apparently not.

This a cleared profile with one D3 character set made with the wizard. Other than moving the dxnothing from the stacked monitor to a separate monitor and adjusting the FPS, I've done nothing to it. In addition, there are no VideoFeeds or Regions scripts in my IsBoxer Scripts folder.

I log in with the first character and then quick join with the other three. I then turn off Maps and Broadcasting using the toggle buttons but when I click in the dxnothing window, my characters move.

http://pasted.co/51bd6f37
<<

Aradar

Post Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:09 pm

bob wrote:The default config for D3 should have set your repeater targets up for D3 to exclude your DXnothing, although this will only work if the characters name is DXnothing (or you have the character in an ATG called DXNothing).

If it is not, you can work around it by:
1. Renaming the Character (this is the name of the node under Characters, right click, rename).
2. Create and Action Target Group, call it DXnothing and put your dxnothing Character in it.

If this is a mixed game configuration, then the exclusion on the broadcasting may not be in place, especially if you started this config a while ago. In that case, you need to update the Always On -> Activate Repeat mapped key. In Step 1 and 2, you will need to change the Target box for the first two actions in each step to be "isboxer&~dxnothing". For more info on what this means, look up, Target in the Wiki. You may also want to set the same target in the Repeater Profile.

/e: added the clarification about the ATG in the first sentence, which makes sense seeing as I then explained about it in the workarounds!! Stupid Stupid. Lax had to point it out later in the thread, but I figured I'd add back up here just in case it becomes a tl;dr for the next guy.

I have given up on the default method since it just isn't working.

As for the ATG, I've created one named "dxNothing" with both characters (dxNothing 1 and dxNothing 2) in it and the Always On -> Activate Repeat lines are pointing to "isboxer&~dxnothing" however if I click anywhere in the dxNothing windows (black space or VideoFX) my toons move whether broadcasting is on or off.

http://pasted.co/787ccea9
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:36 am

How about, in the Always On -> Activate Repeat, you set in Step 1, the first action to target Window: All w/Current. This first step should turn off broadcasting from all Windows. At the moment, if it is turned on in the DXnothings, it never gets turned off, so that change should sort it. It may mean that on initial startup the DXnothings will broadcast, but if you turn off, then on, they should stop.

If that doesn't sort it, I'm not really sure. You're the only one to report this issue. This is not to say if doesn't exist, just I'm not sure why you are experiencing it and no-one else has reported they are.
<<

Aradar

Post Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:00 am

That seems to have worked. Thank you very much for your help.

What exactly does "isboxer&~dxnothing" mean anyways?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:10 am

Aradar wrote:What exactly does "isboxer&~dxnothing" mean anyways?

It's a Target which tells the Action(s) to send/execute to/for game clients launched with ISBoxer only, except for those named "dxnothing." The label of "dxnothing" can either be the name of a Character or an Action Target Group.
<<

Aradar

Post Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:13 am

Thanks.

Does the use of capital letters affect it? For example, if my ATG is "dxNothing" but the target uses "dxnothing"?
PreviousNext

Return to Video FX