FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Target HP bars without a background

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Lestoli

Post Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:28 pm

Target HP bars without a background

Hey guys, I've been messing around with Video FX, and while it was a little confusing to me at first, I think I've got a handle on the basics.

I have four characters, and I wanted the targets health bar of all four of my characters on one screen, and I got that working, however it has the background of the three other screens and they're all a little different due to camera placement, and they're all constantly changing at what not. Is there anyway I can get rid of the background, and just have the bars? That'd be pretty sweet. Thanks.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:37 pm

Re: Target HP bars without a background

No. VideoFX doesn't allow you to cut game UI elements, only the end render of the game window. You also can't specify specific shapes that are not rectangular. So, your only options (currently*) are to make the source VideoFX as tight as possible. I tend to spend a while doing this myself to make to the pixel (well a rectangular box that lines up nicely).

* I said currently, because it is possible that in the future this may change depending on various technologies implemented in future versions of Inner Space/ISBoxer
<<

Lestoli

Post Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:11 pm

Hey, one of my four games just crashed, and now my bars aren't showing up anymore and I'm back in the control panel working with stuff.

It's getting a little unorganized because I can't really tell what's happening. Is there any way I can delete the current things under "Video FX Name" ?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:05 pm

To delete, you can select a videofx window (the green things) and press the X in the top right corner.

Your videoFX windows probably didn't show up because when you saved them (you did right?) you gave them a name other than "Auto". Auto will load automatically, anything else and you need to load it manually or setup a mapped key to do it for you via a VideoFX Action.
<<

Lestoli

Post Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:31 pm

I don't have any green boxes anymore, I meant to delete them from this list: http://imgur.com/n5eTLYk

I did give them a different name, "Color Lalafell Target"

I have to start all over now, so what would be the easiest way for me to do this?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:42 pm

Lestoli wrote:I did give them a different name, "Color Lalafell Target"

I have to start all over now, so what would be the easiest way for me to do this?

If you saved them as something other than "Auto" then you need to choose them from the list (at the bottom) and load them manually.

Return to Video FX