Erratic VideoFX

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ThaSpike

Post Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:17 am

Re: Erratic VideoFX

Did a little testing:
- Reinstalled ISBoxer. Nothing changed.
- Run in x86 (game and ISBoxer). Nothing changed.
- Run in x64 (game and ISBoxer). Nothing changed.

Did a reinstall of Windows 10 Pro. Let Windows do it updates. Only installed the latest NVidia drivers. Then installed a fresh download of ISBoxer. Loaded the Profile, exported it and started the Char Set. Problem remains, exactly the same as before? Did the tests in x86 and x64.

Will now do a fresh install of Windows 7 and report what happens.

E/ Forgot to mention: no Round-Robin CPU Strategy. Default setting (all cores for all games, or what it's called)
<<

ThaSpike

Post Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:27 pm

OK, this as just strange. In Windows 7 none of the VFX showed anything. Even the Game Windows in dxNothing didn't show up. The behavior when opening the ISBoxer Control Panel was the same though. The Source windows hid together with the Viewers, i.e. they minimized. Plus I saw the weird sizes of the Viewers. The borderless Viewers and Sources were there, just like the failing green glow.

Will try Windows 8 tomorrow.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:34 pm

OOC, have you tried downgrading the Nvidia drivers? 359.06 is a favoured stable version. The later ones have a few inconsistencies with window sizing for some reason.

The behaviours you have described are just not normal, and unless Lax has instroduced a bunch of bugs all at the same time that only you get (which I doubt), then it is more likely something else to do with the display, especially after a clean install with only the graphics drivers.
<<

ThaSpike

Post Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:57 am

Installed 359.06 nVidia drivers: same problem.

Tried my wife's PC, AMD graphics card (6970 I believe): same problem.
Tried my server, build in Intel graphics card: same problem.

I'm sorry I have to say this, but I'm starting to believe this is somehow an ISBoxer problem. Have tried all you told me. Did a reinstall of Windows 10, then tried Windows 7 and now tried 2 completely different systems. They all have the exact same problem.

If you still think it's a problem with my 3 systems I'll gladly do some more testing, but I don't know what else to try.

/e typo
<<

ThaSpike

Post Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:23 pm

To be complete I also tried Windows 8. Shows the exact same symptoms, hide will also hide the sources, you can see them minimize when the Control Panel is open, and when the Source is hidden the accompanying Viewer doesn't show anything. The borderlessness of the Source and Viewers is not the problem, but as soon as that green glow is gone, they don't work no more. In Windows 8 mostly all would work on starting the Char Set, but as soon as I reexported the troubles started like described above. Another export after that could (partially) fix the problem, or the one after that. And the sources that don't have the green glow will show the entire Game Windows instead of only whats in the Source.
<<

ThaSpike

Post Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:53 am

Are you still there Bob?
Previous

Return to Video FX