FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problems with VFX Layout

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Ursidae

Post Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:37 pm

Problems with VFX Layout

I have followed MiRai's video guide for a 5 man team and am experiencing a similar problem. I have added the Window layout for character set PAL-DRU-NEC-RAN-WIZ. Actually TWO problems.

1) The VideoFX in DxNothing only show up when is6 is th eactive window

2) DxNothing is loading up an EQ window and is trying to log in to a character. I have tried to leave the game blank but ISBoxer won't export to innerspace if I do.

ISBoxer Profile. complete this time, hopefully :)

Edit 1: Additional helpful information.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:37 pm

Re: Problems with VFX Layout

I moved your topic because the other topic was old, and already solved. If you have a new issue, then it's best to start a new thread.

Also, if you have a gigantic profile with ~4,183 Key Maps and Mapped Keys, then it's best to tell us where to look for something so that we're not just aimlessly searching through your profile hoping to find the one thing that sorta kinda looks like what you're having an issue with.

For anyone else viewing the profile, the VFX Create Mapped Key is in the Always On Key Map.

Ursidae wrote:1) The VideoFX in DxNothing only show up when is6 is th eactive window

If you enabled the option to keep the viewers while in the background when the dxNothing window was already running, then it will need to be completely restarted, or... If you're using a Character Set other than PAL-DRU-NEC-RAN-WIZ (or only launching a single Slot) since you do not have a Hotkey attached to the Mapped Key.

Other than that, I do not see a reason why you wouldn't be seeing your viewers.

Ursidae wrote:2) DxNothing is loading up an EQ window and is trying to log in to a character. I have tried to leave the game blank but ISBoxer won't export to innerspace if I do.

You copied an EQ character to create the dxNothing character, but you did not change its Game or Game Profile:

Code:
<Game>EverQuest</Game>
<GameProfile>EverQuest No Patch</GameProfile>
<KnownGame>EQ1</KnownGame>

Change the three fields to match a dxNothing profile (third/bottom drop-down can be set to Other), and all should be fine.
<<

Ursidae

Post Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:09 am

Thank for your response MiRai. I will make sure to include information on finding the necessary information in the future.

I recreated dxNothing and populated the third drop down menu with 'Other', however ISBoxer gives me the same error stating "Character 'dxNothing' has no Game Profile selected. Please select a Game and Game Profile for each character before exporting to Inner Space".

I am not sure if I am creating the character incorrectly. I am Right clicking on Characters and selecting 'New Character', Selecting 'Other' in the third drop down box, and checking 'Video FX Viewers stay when in background (blocks Video FX sources!)', and then dragging it into the sixth slot in the character set 'PAL-DRU-NEC-RAN-WIZ'. This still results in the above error.

I have not been able to see if dxNothing is now displaying regardless of window selection yet.

Thank you for lending me your considerable skill and time,
Ursidae
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:26 am

Did you add the DXnothing application ("game" if you like) to InnerSpace???

If you have not, then you need to add it. If you already have, then you need to select the DXnothing Game and Game Profile in those two drop downs, and the Game Type is Other (you've already found this drop down).

The full instructions, and video are on this page. http://www.isboxer.com/wiki/DxNothing
<<

Ursidae

Post Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:02 am

That did the trick! Thank you MiRai and Bob, again, I appreciate your help :D

Return to Video FX