FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Video FX window Cropping

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Tonzz2000

Post Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:50 pm

Video FX window Cropping

So i have a setup with 4 accounts. 1 in Region 1 (at 1920x1200) and 3 on another screen (at 640x400) stacked on top of eachother. I have Instant swap enabled and in-game resolution on all 4 clients set to 1920x1200.

So i want a video FX on R2, R3 and R3 on R1 (the driver) screen. I switch to the correct region (say R2) and setup a source with the stuff i wanted sourced. But when i go back to the R1 and get the Viewer, it add's an actual size video fx from the R2 (at 640x400). So i get tiny feed from R2. If i scale up the viewer to the correct size, it scales up everything.

What am i doing wrong?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:22 pm

Re: Video FX window Cropping

http://www.isboxer.com/wiki/Video_FX
from wiki wrote:If the Video FX source region is in a scaled down window, the Video FX viewer will also be affected (i.e. pixellated). This feature is therefore most useful with larger "slave" windows, which do not need to be visible and may be hidden behind other windows. The 'Stacked full screen' style from the wizard is ideal. Note that minimizing a window will usually stop it from rendering entirely.

Also, from FAQ.. Why does my Video FX view show up pixelated/low resolution/low quality

Basically, you need to run a Stacked Screen layout. If you still want the smaller viewers, create them using VideoFX on a DXNothing canvas.

MiRai has a video series on VideoFX, and one specifically on VideoFX layouts.
<<

Tonzz2000

Post Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:28 pm

Re: Video FX window Cropping

Thank you Bob.

As for the faqs and wiki's. I see how they are useful and informative. And obviously a lot of work have been put into them.

But for someone as me, who is sorta new to the whole thing, i dont know the terms of what the different features are called. And info is scattered everywhere. Albeit the wiki is a good source. Maybe if i could be so bold and suggest a main video. Displaying the features with annotations and names and stuff? I know that would help me loads when trying to figure out what is what and where it all goes. Isboxer is a very complicated program, and if you're guessing your way through it... Well you get the jest of it.

Return to Video FX