FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

VIDEOFX FEEDS

Moderator: MiRai

<<

xciteuk

Post Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:48 am

VIDEOFX FEEDS

Hi, I have my set-up how I want it to be but the viewers are not persistent, I would like them to stay on when the screen is in the background: [please ignore the white boxes they are my own paranoia attempts to hide my chars from you bad hostile's]

Here is my setup when monitor 1. [left] is selected.

Here is my setup when monitor 2. [right] is selected.

I've been told there is an option to make viewers stay when the focus is set to back ground but searching the forums / Google / and isboxer I haven't been able to find anything that will help me out.

I have found the [disable sources] option mentioned in another thread but that doesn't help my issue, I would like to have a video playing or separate game playing on monitor 1 [left] and have monitor 2. [right] viewers displayed constantly.

I have tried the [disable sources] option but that does what it says on the tin and my viewers are useless, am I correct in thinking that is if you want to use a full screen / split set-up and have all clients on that one screen and will not work with my set-up with the snippets of each client on one client.

Also when this option is enabled all my current sources and viewers are erased and when I disable it they do not return I'm guessing this is a 'feature' intended what is the point of this option if sources get disabled?

Can someone point me to the Action Focus option that my friend was talking about he know's its there just not where it is?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:07 am

Re: VIDEOFX FEEDS

There is no option to do what you want.

If you have an issue with it, or want to know all the technical reasons behind it, I suggest taking it up with Microsoft (or reading up on the whitepapers for DXGI). Bonus points: It also will help explain why you cannot have a viewer and a source on the same window, if you are interested.

The options you have are,
  1. Set Viewers to be persistant when the slot is in the background. This option means that any sources on that slot wont function as they will be disabled.
  2. Not set viewers to be persistant and when that slot goes to the background those viewers will be disabled when that occurs, so any sources on that screen can then function and feed the viewers on another slot.
  3. Use a DXNothing Window (a blank DirextX surface) as your main view, and just VideoFX feed everything to it, so you have one big main overlay that has everything you want on it. This is quite common in EVE setups.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:13 am

4. A DxNothing window (with VFX Viewers in it) can be set Always On Top over your main window (within your Window Layout)
<<

xciteuk

Post Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:04 pm

Thanks for the help, bob you misconstrued my words I have no issue with it nor isboxer, I was merely curious - I have a solution which is to use mouse focusing still can't play a game on the other screen but it's working atm while I watch TV on the other monitor just have to have the mouse cursor on the second monitors game client.

Will play around with DXNothing tomorrow.
<<

xciteuk

Post Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:25 pm

I finally got it to work, DXNothing plus disable sources on the DXNothing which is what you suggested worked, always on top was selected as well but it is unnecessary.

I have a new problem now it's a simple one I think when I create a 7th region and create a 7th slot I cannot assign that region to slot 7

As you can see in the drop down box there is no slot 7 and double clicking doesn't select slot 7 either? I would normally create it via the wizard but the wizard is completely reset my video feeds for some unknown reason. I know the picture shows that it's been assigned but that's by the wizard which as erased my video feeds - I obviously am not using that Window Layout and its a Wizard built Window layout which doesn't have my feeds the wizard is able to add the 7th slot to the 7th region but I cannot via the drop down menu?

Any help would be appreciated and sorry to be a nuisance.

Thanks for the help.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:28 pm

If you go to the Slots tab there and make sure the appropriate character set is selected it will allow you to set the home slots.

If the character set does not have 7 slots then you wont be able to select Slot7 in the drop down.

edit: also the QSW doesn't reset your VideoFeeds. They are named by CharacterSet.Character, so if the character set name is different then it wont load them. You can use the ISBoxer in game gui (where you create your feeds), and goto the Import tab and import them from your prior character set.
<<

xciteuk

Post Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:26 am

Thank you I had no idea that you could import that has helped so much.

Return to Video FX