FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Pass-though clicks not going to source?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bollwerk

Post Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:20 pm

Pass-though clicks not going to source?

I have a setup in WoW where I have a Video FX source window over Grid for healing. I have click bars overlaying Grid also for various heal spells. Everything works fine from the healer window, but when I try to click heal from the tank window, where I have the viewer, I see the mouse moving to the correct location, but nothing happens when I click.
I've "checked" the boxes for Repeater pass-thru, but no joy.
Am I missing something?
Do I need to create a repeater region on the tank overlaying the viewer?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:13 pm

Re: Pass-though clicks not going to source?

Are you trying to click the Click Bars through Video FX? I don't think that's going to work since the mouse 'click' from the VFX Viewer is being sent to the game client, and the Click Bars aren't part of the game client.

Unless I'm wrong, and someone can point out what you're doing wrong, then you're going to need to setup an add-on like Clique to work with Grid and interpret the mouse buttons.
<<

bollwerk

Post Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:22 pm

Ahh, so when I'm driving from the tank and I click in the viewer window, the click bar on the source doesn't get the click, even though it's in the right spot?
So maybe I need to do the click bars on the tank instead.
I have opted to use Named WoW macros rather than relying on an addon like Clique. I believe that was one of the 3 pro healing options you outlined in your amazing video. =)

Here is the logic in how I have things setup, at least how I'd like it to work....

I drive from the tank, have a viewer window where I see the healer source, which is a Grid window, with click bar overlays.
I want to send an unmodified LeftClick from the tank to the click bar on the healer and have the click bar do a named wow macro (with mouseover as the target).
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:01 am

As MiRai said, the passthru is to the source game client, and clickbars are not part of the game client, they are overlayed on top of it.

You are correct in that you would need to setup the clickbars on the tank (you can just change the assignment of the clickbar to do this), and as long as the clickbar is setup correctly to send (target) the actions to the healer then it should all work.
<<

bollwerk

Post Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:35 pm

Unfortunately, the viewer covers the click bars, regardless of opacity.
Blah.
I guess I need to figure out another way to do this.
Probably going to need to have grid running on both toons and click bars on both with no Video FX.
Oh well.
Would be a cool feature though if Lax could add the ability for a click bar to cover a viewer window.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:44 pm

bollwerk wrote:Would be a cool feature though if Lax could add the ability for a click bar to cover a viewer window.

VFX viewers are layered windows, from Windows, on top of the game window. Click Bars are rendered within the game window. It's impossible for a Click Bar to cover a VFX viewer -- sorry!

Return to Video FX