Unable to create additional viewers on dxnothing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Fippy

Post Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:56 pm

Unable to create additional viewers on dxnothing

Profile:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxQSoe ... sp=sharing

I've been messing with VideoFX a bit and now have mana bars for casters shown on different regions. But I was unable to create a viewer on the dxnothing region (I already have six client regions displayed there). There is a bit of blank space since the client aspect ratio is preserved, and I figured this would be a great area to display mana/health and other stuff. But the viewers never appear. I am also unable to bring up the console on this screen with CTRL-ALT-Shift-G. That seq works fine for each session, but not for dxnothing. I'm guessing this is something minor, but I'm not seeing it right now.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:08 pm

Re: Unable to create additional viewers on dxnothing

Fippy wrote:I am also unable to bring up the console on this screen with CTRL-ALT-Shift-G. That seq works fine for each session, but not for dxnothing. I'm guessing this is something minor, but I'm not seeing it right now.

It's likely showing up, but it's behind all of your VFX Viewers. If you want to see the in-game UI you'll need to toggle off your VFX Viewers for a moment.

On a side note, I personally don't like d/ling things from other peoples' Google Docs or Google Drive or DropBox, or anything like that, and I'd much rather prefer to just grab some text from a site and paste it directly into ISBoxer—This is just a personal pet peeve of mine. You can paste large profiles to http://www.sharetext.org and more people may be able to access them in the future.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:13 pm

Fippy wrote:There is a bit of blank space since the client aspect ratio is preserved, and I figured this would be a great area to display mana/health and other stuff. But the viewers never appear

Based on the locations in the profile the mana viewers are behind the R_Hardus viewer.

edit:
Fixed my dumb quoting.

p.s. To make things easier on us old folks, it does help to let us know, which character set and which mapped key(s) are part of the query so we don't have to look through 30 key maps, and then guess how it all is setup.
<<

Fippy

Post Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:29 pm

Thanks for the suggestion on sharetext. I was only aware of pastebin, and that does not let me post a large profile. So I will look into sharetext in the future.

R_Hardus? Hmm, that character hasn't been around for a bit. I'll need to look into that. Thanks for the pointer, perhaps it is as simple as moving things around. Normally I would just bring up the console and move the videofx regions around manually.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:33 pm

I might have got R_Hardus wrong. Perhaps the EQ1 viewer....
<<

Fippy

Post Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:45 pm

Oddly enough they appeared when I restarted ISBoxer
<<

Fippy

Post Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:32 pm

MiRai wrote:
Fippy wrote:. You can paste large profiles to http://www.sharetext.org and more people may be able to access them in the future.

While I'm thinking of it... this would be an excellent addition to the "sharing configuration" sticky. I wanted to share a config today, and had to come back here to remember the site.

Edit: And of course my config is too big for sharetext.org. Back to Google Drive until a better solution is offered. Sorry about this.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:16 am

Fippy wrote:
MiRai wrote:
Fippy wrote:. You can paste large profiles to http://www.sharetext.org and more people may be able to access them in the future.

While I'm thinking of it... this would be an excellent addition to the "sharing configuration" sticky. I wanted to share a config today, and had to come back here to remember the site.

Edit: And of course my config is too big for sharetext.org. Back to Google Drive until a better solution is offered. Sorry about this.

I've been trying to tell Lax that he needs to just create his own text sharing site here for ISBoxer users which would allow for incredibly large text uploads. And congratulations, I think you're the first person to hit the limit on sharetext.org.

Return to Video FX