[WoW] dxnothing crashing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

posatronic

Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:10 am

dxnothing crashing

http://privatepaste.com/02f78d2f4e
I tried the debug tool.
Just starting out trying to get the viedo fx layouts set, after watching MaRai's viedos. I had a client crash and then dxnothing. So I stared from scratch. and just tried to load 5 clients on top of each other with dxnothing on bottom. The dxnothing shows up but then crashes 20-30 seconds later. Any on e have any ideas?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:21 am

Re: dxnothing crashing

Yep. In order of likelihood.

1. Uninstall Raptr. It is hooking the dxnothing (and probably game processes too) and is known to cause issues.
2. Uninstall Lavasoft Toolbar. It is hooking dxnothing (and probably game processes too).
3. Uninstall Samsung Magician. It has caused weird issues before.
4. Uninstall Seagate Dashboard. No known issues, but possibly similar to Samsung Magician
5. Choose a video card. You have both NVidia and ATI/AMD drivers installed and running. You might have two graphics cards in your machine, and maybe 1 running a different monitor. If you end up with any cross monitor swapping, it will be hardware rendering on one card, and then being displayed on the other via software rendering, and this is just slow and strains gpus unnecessarily, giving you poor performance.
6. Set exclusions or uninstall NAV360. It has caused issues previously. Uninstall is better, but you probably want to keep your AV, so try exclusions first.
7. Remove Splashtop.
Last edited by bob on Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

posatronic

Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:13 pm

Solved.

Great help. I first removed the 2nd graphics card drivers, I though I had done that but I missed that. thanks.
second I did step 1 and 2. that seemed to solve that problem, also remove a few other things on start up.
Great help. Now maybe I can get this to work.
<<

posatronic

Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:41 pm

Ok now I have no crashes and it works, now another problem. Running thru FX vid.(MaRai's ISBoxer -- Video FX -- VFX Layouts) I have the first part to work where the 5 clients are on top of each other and I made the FX window viewers at the bottom. I can switch clients with my hot key but not with my mouse. I download his profile and only one thing was different (unless, more probable, I missed something else). Under the "always on" the new mapped key "VFX Create" I had as default under " Execute a Step when the hotkey is " I had released. his was pressed (default) . I change that but still doesn't work. Any Ideas?

http://privatepaste.com/1f2b6f5b11
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:28 pm

Looks to me like it should work.

The VideoFX focus hotkey is set on your character set, and this is currently ALT+Mouse1. Also, because the dxnothing is a different window, you need to click to focus it. This differs from the normal Window Layout that ISboxer makes. So; you will need to mouse1 (left click) on the dxNothing to focus it, and then ALT+Mouse1 on a videoFX viewer to have it swap the game window to the top.

If you want to change the behaviour so it is more like the standard window layout setups that ISboxer makes (with regards to the click on the little viewers to focus them), then you need to:
1. In the Window Layout, tick the "Focus game windows via mouse with clicking (Focus follows mouse)" option to get the DXnothing to be the focus when the mouse is over it (saves you from clicking to focus)
2. In the Character Set, set the VideoFX focus hotkey to Mouse1, so you only need the one click.
<<

posatronic

Post Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:13 am

Thanks again Bob. It works fine now. Great info on the fx clicking too. good to know that. I am sure you will be responding to many of my post's. lol thanks again.

Return to Video FX