FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Setting up VideoFX dxNothing window

Moderator: MiRai

<<

inmysights

Post Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:50 am

Setting up VideoFX dxNothing window

I am using this setup from Alge viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3695

Here is my setup, which looks to be exactly as he instructs to do, I have my show, hide, create.

I am using my dxNothing as the screen target, is this the correct one?

I only have my 2nd screen being created in the dxNothing area to try and get it working, when I press ctl-alt-v, I get nothing on my dxNothing screen.

See anything I might be doing wrong? Thank you

<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:05 pm

Re: Setting up VideoFX dxNothing window

I can't see what is executing the "Create ALL FX Sources" mapped key, but I'll assume it is the "Do this mapped key when this character set is loaded/reloaded" option on the Character Set.

But, the issue I see is that the Kayarya Source is being created on the dxnothing. This needs to be directed to the slot that you want to have shown in the viewer. As you are creating it on the DXNothing, at best it will only display a black screen, because that is what the DXNothing displays (it wouldn't work anyway for a couple of other reasons).

The Source has the image you want to display somewhere so it should Target the slot that you want to display on the DXNothing. The Viewer is the image being displayed somewhere else so Target the Viewer at the DXNothing (which you have done).
Last edited by bob on Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

inmysights

Post Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:38 pm

I dont have Create all FX Sources mapped key, his tutorial did not have one. Do I need to have one? I was just assuming when you launched your game, the source and viewers were automatically created and you just turned them off and on.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:58 pm

In your first and second screen shot you have a mapped key called "Create ALL FX Sources". I've highlighted it here for you with a red box.
issource.png
issource.png (48.49 KiB) Viewed 9394 times

You need to execute it for it to do the actions within it. Especially the first 2 actions, one which creates your video fx Source (albeit on the wrong slot, the Target should be the slot that Kayarya is in) and the second which creates the video fx viewer (on the correct slot).

To execute this mapped key, you should assign it to your character set in the marked field so it is run, and creates the source and viewer when you load or reload your character set.
CharSet.png
CharSet.png (23.83 KiB) Viewed 9396 times

The CTRL+ALT+V hotkey on the second mapped key "Toggle FX Windows" will do nothing if the videoFX viewers do not exist, which is where the "Create ALL FX Sources" mapped key comes in.

Return to Video FX