FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Video FX from other PC, posible?!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Imposibil

Post Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:53 pm

Video FX from other PC, posible?!

Hello,

I am new to ISBoxer, but after reading forum/guider/youtube/etc i got a grip of it ....

Now here is my problem ...

I have set up ISBoxer to work on 2 PC (no problem here) , can i set up a viewer on main PC with the source on 2'd PC ?!

I already set up the source on 2'd PC (have 2 sources, 1 for each game instance) but when i try to get a viewer on main PC the source does not show op on the dropdown menu :(

Is this even posible ?

Thank you.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:58 pm

Re: Video FX from other PC, posible?!

No. Single PC only.

VideoFX uses the Desktop Window Manager to pull partial images from the offscreen rendered view of each window, and then displays it on the composite display (the desktop).

The source is not transferred between PC's.

Sadly the streaming desktop features that Microsoft have made are only available under HyperV and remote desktop.
<<

Imposibil

Post Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:57 am

Thanks for the quick reply (was sleepy last nite and didnt answered ...)

Is there any way to scale down an external source to make it work with ingame viewer ? (trying to make it work with teamviewer but i only see a small portion portion of the remote screen :( )

EDIT : trying to see the 3'd PC witch is in other room and i really dont want to move teamviewer control screen to other monitor ....
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:37 am

I assume you are using an Other Window Source, for video fx. http://www.isboxer.com/wiki/Other_Window_Source

The scaling will work just the same, in that if the viewer is a proportional size of the source then the view will be scaled down. i.e. if the source is 1920x1080 and you multiply it by 0.2, then you get 384x216, so you have a VideoFX viewer 1/5 the size of the original.

I find the Other Window Source is a bit more tricky to edit (I don't know where the origin info is stored) and has a couple of idiosyncrasies. When you create the source, you should specify the dimensions of the source window that you want to grab. If you know the offset from 0,0 and the size of the window it helps. If you are just cutting down a maximised window then this is easier as this is just the monitor dimensions. When you add the viewer, initially you specify the same size as the source (if you just want the full screen scaled size). Once the Source and Viewer have been added, hit Apply, and then change the size of the viewer to your scaled size, hit Apply again, and it should display correctly.

I could be doing something wrong of course, but this is how it appears to work for me.

Return to Video FX