FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

videofx viewers won't go to 2nd monitor

Moderator: MiRai

<<

upperultra1

Post Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:44 pm

videofx viewers won't go to 2nd monitor

hi, i set up dxnothing in my character list and put the windows layout to fullscreen stacked.
i can get the vfx window to come up but I can't drag it to my second monitor- it just wont show it
windows aero is enabled
im only doing this bc the windows on my second monbitor is pixelated
is there an easy way to stop the pixelation?

any help please?
<<

Kamikaze

Post Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:09 pm

Re: videofx viewers won't go to 2nd monitor

Are your monitors the same resolution?

After you add the dxnothing window you have to go into your window layouts and add a new dxnothing region and then move it to the monitor you want it on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA88ndjh8x4 is a good tutorial.
<<

upperultra1

Post Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:05 pm

i just bought another 1080p monitor 16:9
one is 23 inches one is 27
secondary monitor is still pixelated in text

is there an easy way to get rid of the pixelation on the second monitor since they are the same resolution?

thanks
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:52 am

I think we're going to need you to share your profile in order to understand what's happening.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:15 am

pixilation is generally for four reasons.

1. The display scaling in Windows is turned on, on your second monitor. this is normally a window 8/8.1 problem. you can use google to find out how to make sure that it is not. You want no scaling on all monitors.
2. When you plug in a new monitor ISBoxer does not update the previous resolution settings is has stored for each monitor, so you need to rerun the Window Layout Wizard to get it to update the underlying display resolutions for each display
3. The dxnothing region is running at the same scale as the source regions which is not the same as the region size that the dxnothing is in. You can put the dxNothing into a separate swap group and then the dxNothing will run at the native resolution of the window region you put it in.
4. The sources regions for your video fx are not displaying at the same resolution that they are in. i.e. they might be running at 1920x1080 and you are displaying at 1024x768, or something. This is probably not right as you have said you are using fullscreen stacked.

In addition to your profile as MiRai has said, you can also provide a state.
Load up you game in Innerspace, press CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+G, goto the DEBUG tab, hit the Capture State button. This will copy some stuff to the clipboard which you can paste back. press CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+G again to close the ISBoxer control panel.

Return to Video FX