FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Video FX, what I have, what I want...

Moderator: MiRai

<<

cmoidudu

Post Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:30 am

Video FX, what I have, what I want...

Hello here, first thanks Lax for your great software.

I have been working on video FX lately, and here are 2 screenshots, what I have (which is already very helpful), and what I want. The main problem for picture 2 (it's been done with an image, it doesn't work in-game, hence the topic) is adding a feed from character 1 on top of the layer 1 (like picking the mini-map from character 1 an putting it elsewhere on the screen)...

Game is Diablo III, 4 characters, stacked full-screen windows. It's running perfectly as it is (screenshot 1), but I want to improve this as in screenshot 2. I have been trying things with DxNothing but i'm getting nowhere. I would just like to know if it's doable before I hurt my brain searching how to ;)

What I have :

What I want :

<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:55 am

Re: Video FX, what I have, what I want...

It's doable, and this thread is going over the hardships of creating such a setup.
<<

cmoidudu

Post Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:06 pm

Ah, thanks for the pointer, and for your quick answer. Now I have something a new toy to play with :)
<<

cmoidudu

Post Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:28 am

OK this is what I now have...

I created 3 DxNothing layers, one for the health bars, one for the resource bars, and one for the mini-maps. I might also add another layer for the ping bars, which can be a life-saver when multiboxing hardcore mode.

I have a couple of questions...

1- I want to use a hotkey to move the DxNothing layers to the background or to the foreground. I tried to use the same command as per the wiki page (http://isboxer.com/wiki/Window_State_Action) but I can't make it work ? Seems simple enough tho :|

2- It seems that I can't use Inner Space console or configuration when running Windows Aero. I'm getting a nice grey window, as in the screenshot below. Is this a known bug, or am I just unlucky ?

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:45 am

1. Window State Action modifies a particular state for the window. It doesn't put the window in that state immediately. Use Window Focus Action for that :)

2. Weird. This is not a known bug, I would probably suggest checking for a driver update?
<<

cmoidudu

Post Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:59 pm

lax wrote:2. Weird. This is not a known bug, I would probably suggest checking for a driver update?

My drivers are on auto-update, so... It seems to happen with some aero themes. I picked another theme, and it's not happening. More specifically, it happens with the "Windows aero" theme, the one with the big ugly logo, which I'm pretty sure that nobody uses. Hence the "not know bug" :mrgreen:

Still, I'm running under Win7-64 french edition, maybe not everybody uses that.

Return to Video FX