FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Mouse Broadcasting Fails when using VFX

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Dadjutsu

Post Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:54 pm

Mouse Broadcasting Fails when using VFX

ok, this is a funny

I I followed MiRai's Vid on clique healing, using grid and VFX, when ever I do this, the Character ( which is my main tank) looses the ability to use broadcasting. so if I want the whole party to mount, I have to switch to another character to broadcast the party to mount, my tanks broadcast just stays grey, or if I want to use the mouse to complete a quest with a specify reward using the mouse, that 2 stays grey.

privatepaste.com :: Paste ID ef8a99d0e9

char set is ERMixed
tank is Aaonia
healer is Zalindra
VFX saved under atuo
<<

Dadjutsu

Post Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:12 pm

Re: Mouse Broadcasting Fails when using VFX

i JUST CHECKED my char set , made a new paste just to be sure

privatepaste.com :: Paste ID 3afd9c8c36
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:13 am

There is nothing sticking out in the character set as to why that would be happening. I can't even see any configuration that is used by CLIQUE or GRID, not any hotkeys that are over and above bog standard.

You may be running something on the VFX regions, so you would need to provide the videfx.characterset.charactername.xml files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Innerspace\Scripts. Probably the one for your Tank as this is the one having the issue. But the one for the Healer (being the source of the videofx) may be worth looking at too.
<<

Dadjutsu

Post Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:05 am

I had to manually copy past , so I posted the menu and vfx scripts for Aaonia in this paste

privatepaste.com :: Paste ID 1f1bf1c2a2

Maybe what I am saying here has no relevance to the issue I am having, but I just thought I would mention it, This is my main account which I have had since WOW launched in EU, but I have always had a bit of an issue with the account, when I create a new character, the models don't display correctly, are washed out and if I go to the section that mods the face , I just get a hollow face outline, now I mention this as I have used three difference pcs over the last 9 years, plus upgrades to them, new hard drives ect, and this problem has always happened on my main account. When I carry out the same actions on my other accounts on the same pcs, they work fine, so I can only conclude that the problems that I have are stored with my data server side. which of course blizz always denies
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:10 am

You will need to edit in Notepad or equivalent.

I can see that the Keymap value is populated but no mapped key, so this means that the videofx region is turning off the keymap Always On when you mouse out of the vfx region, so none of the mapped keys in that keymap will work anymore.

<Setting Name="element441" usekeyboard="FALSE" usemouse="TRUE" mappedkey="" keymap="Always On" bordercolor="" opacity="255" Height="209" Width="51" Y="531" X="1009" feedoutput="HEALERZ">feedoutput</Setting>

You need to set this to keymap=""
Normally both mappedkey and keymap attributes are populated, or neither. Not just the one.

EDIT: actually you can change this in the GUI too by selecting the Blank entry at the top of the drop down for Mapped Key on enter/exit.
<<

Dadjutsu

Post Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:11 am

Re: Mouse Broadcasting Fails when using VFX FIXED

praise be to Bob The Fixer
<<

Dadjutsu

Post Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:44 am

deleted penny has dropped lol

Return to Video FX