FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

VideoFX doesn't seem to save some settings?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bollwerk

Post Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:34 pm

VideoFX doesn't seem to save some settings?

Background:
I setup a very basic VideoFX source/viewer for my 2 window configuration.
Basically, I have a single monitor, with 2 over lapping full screen windows. One for each toon. (only playing 2 toons in Diablo 3 at the moment)
I have a source/viewer setup for each window, so I can see a smaller version of the other toon's window while playing the main toon. I did the same for toon B, so I can see a small version of toon A's window when I switch to toon B.

Problem:
I moved and scaled each window to where I wanted them when I first set them up. I click all the "save" buttons I can find in the VideoFX controls.
The scaled size on both is saved, as is the anchor for the first viewer. But the anchor of the 2nd viewer (i.e. when I drive from Toon B and view a small version of Toon A) seems to keep defaulting to 100,100 in the upper left.
Also, the opacity does not get saved for either viewer window.

Workaround:
I seem to have found a workaround by manually editing the XML file that contains these settings.

Additional Suggestion:
On a related note, would it be possible to add a way to hotkey disabling/enableing the VideoFX viewer windows? Sometimes I want to see the whole screen, but just for a moment. I can't seem to find a place to hotkey this.

Thanks.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:39 pm

Re: VideoFX doesn't seem to save some settings?

The only reason I know of why something wouldn't save is because you have a weird (language) character in either the name of your Character Set or Character itself, but since you can edit things manually, that almost sounds like you aren't giving IS/ISBoxer administrator privileges to write files in whatever folder they're in. If they're in one of the two Program Files folders, then you might take them out of there and try again.

Also, you can manipulate the behavior of Video FX through a VFX Action.
<<

bollwerk

Post Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:44 pm

I have UAC at zero, so I doubt it's a permission issue.
Also, other files in the same folder structure get updated from ISBoxer just fine.

Thanks for the Video FX action tip.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:53 pm

bollwerk wrote:I have UAC at zero, so I doubt it's a permission issue.
Also, other files in the same folder structure get updated from ISBoxer just fine.

The only other suggestion I would have would be to create all of your Video FX through ISBoxer via the VFX Action instead -- It also makes it much easier to manage them if you do.

Return to Video FX