Bubonic Pestilence

Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:52 pm

dxNoting + VFX + Update -> Breaks

Hi all.

InnerSpace version: latest.
ISBoxer: 41.8.422.1

Screenshot #1: https://yadi.sk/i/kZ3vMtqKayrMG

Now, I'm updating ISBoxer Toolkit: https://yadi.sk/i/enTeJWzOayrYF
But, it updates only to .903.1, even if it says there is 41.9.0903.3 update available. (maybe 0 is wrong here?!): https://yadi.sk/i/4jcayGXsayrgX

And this update kills ability to use vfx in dxNoting -.-

Screenshot #2: https://yadi.sk/i/LZporlSXayrp3

Looks like, after updating, VFX can't re-position mouse relatively to VFX-size, and mouse position relatively to dxNothing -.-'
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:37 pm

Re: dxNoting + VFX + Update -> Breaks

the 0903 part is a date, September 3. If it has a 0 in front or not isn't relevant.

The trick here is that 903.2 was inadvertently left to show 903.1, and then the 903.3 update was apparently not actually available until now.

Can you verify that your Video FX Viewers, in the dxNothing window, actually have Repeater Pass-thru enabled? (Press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+G, click on your Video FX Viewer)
I'm guessing the change related to your issue might be from 41.8.0609.1 (notes). If you have Broadcasting Mode on in the dxNothing window (you appear to in the screenshot) but not actually enabled on the Video FX Viewer, this would do something like I think you're describing.
<<

Bubonic Pestilence

Post Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:14 am

Thanks for explanation.
Updated to latest version. "Bug" still here.

0. Closed everything, updated.
1. Set my Repeater Target to "all", leads to 2xMore chars in "main" window, and normal in other.
2. I typed in is3, is1 received input.
2.1. I typed in is1, is3 received input.
3. Switched to dxNothing, moving mouse over VFX (w/o Pass-thru), > still not aligned to VFX, but aligned to dxNothing <
4. Enabled Pass-thru, mouse "clone" works as expected, but this is not what i had before. This VFX intended to be "always broadcast"...

What i had before:
- 10x windows with characters, with "VFX Source" only.
- 2x dxNothing, which have different vfx'es, some of them pass-thru, some of them broadcasting.
- My "Broadcast Toggle" hotkey, apply only to 10 game windows, while dxNothing always stay as it is.

Made comparison videos:
- Before update: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMcpuUx4CQg
- After updating: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQpnepN96J4
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:09 am

Your 2nd video shows that your Video FX Viewer that you're mousing over does not have Repeater Pass-thru enabled, so the Video FX does not affect the cursor position. This is exactly what I said would happen.

4. Enabled Pass-thru, mouse "clone" works as expected, but this is not what i had before. This VFX intended to be "always broadcast"...

It's not what you had before because you relied on behavior that broke things for everyone else. I had numerous, numerous requests to be able to put a Video FX view over the main screen, with Repeater Pass-thru disabled, and have it not screw up mouse broadcasting. Without Repeater Pass-thru enabled, it is not intended to be interactive. If you want it to be "always broadcast" that is what these check boxes are for.

Repeater Pass-thru means it is interactive, you click on the VFX and it goes to the Source. If that is not checked, it is not interactive, you click on the VFX and it goes where it would have gone if the VFX did not exist.

Enable Repeater Pass-thru on your VFX that you intend to always be interactive, that is what this is for. You don't need to enable broadcasting mode in the dxNothing window.
<<

Bubonic Pestilence

Post Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:20 pm

Oh, now i got it!

"Pass-thru" enables "stealing mouse/kb" for VFX
Broadcasting controlled by Repeater

Bad side of this:
- If i want to have VFX that shouldn't broadcast, only pass-thru, i'll need to disable broadcasting...

P.S. It could be great, to be able to control this behaviour :)

Update

Enabling Broadcasting to "all"
Doesn't broadcast, when "pass-thru" enabled.
It means, if i have my mouse over VFX, while brodcast enabled, i won't be able to authorize in all windows... gr8 (i'll need move my mouse to dxNothing black area, or switch to and is* window)
REverting back to old version :D

In this case, there is nor thing like "Dashboard", full of VFXes, because all of them will not broadcast, or if used without "pass-thru", they will non-relative to it self -.-'
I never used "repeater regions", but they way i imagine them work, you just made VFX same as Repeater Region, but with ability to be position at different coords...
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:23 pm

It's relatively difficult to follow what you're saying.

It means, if i have my mouse over VFX, while brodcast enabled, i won't be able to authorize in all windows... gr8 (i'll need move my mouse to dxNothing black area, or switch to and is* window)

Correct, to do something in all windows you should not be directly using a Video FX for that... And in fact if you weren't using a full window view the translation wouldn't have been working for you.

In this case, there is nor thing like "Dashboard", full of VFXes, because all of them will not broadcast, or if used without "pass-thru", they will non-relative to it self -.-'

Every EVE dashboard I [was/am] aware of use[d/s] the intended behavior. You are the corner case...

I never used "repeater regions", but they way i imagine them work, you just made VFX same as Repeater Region, but with ability to be position at different coords...

A Video FX Viewer with Repeater Pass-thru enabled *is* a Repeater Region. Different coords is supported by a Repeater Region by using a "Named" Repeater Region; the cursor is translated from the Named Region in one window to the Named Region in the other window(s). The Name of any Video FX Viewer or Source counts for this.

Here's something you can try in the current version, with a Repeater Region. One of the benefits of a Repeater Region is that you can supply the Target for broadcasting. So in your DxNothing window, where you want to mouse over to send to all windows, put a Repeater Region in the same location as the VFX, enter a unique Name in the Name box (something not found in the other windows, which will cause the cursor translation to use the full screen) and give it the target "all other". This should give you the exact same behavior you had before, where you can control the full screen of all windows from your dxNothing Video FX view, except that you do not need to enable Broadcasting Mode for this behavior. This can be toggled on and off at will using Repeater Regions Actions -- save two Repeater Region Sets, one empty and one with this Repeater Region in it, and use a Repeater Regions Action to load one or the other.
<<

Bubonic Pestilence

Post Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:44 pm

lax wrote:Here's something you can try in the current version, with a Repeater Region. One of the benefits of a Repeater Region is that you can supply the Target for broadcasting. So in your DxNothing window, where you want to mouse over to send to all windows, put a Repeater Region in the same location as the VFX, enter a unique Name in the Name box (something not found in the other windows, which will cause the cursor translation to use the full screen) and give it the target "all other". This should give you the exact same behavior you had before, where you can control the full screen of all windows from your dxNothing Video FX view, except that you do not need to enable Broadcasting Mode for this behavior. This can be toggled on and off at will using Repeater Regions Actions -- save two Repeater Region Sets, one empty and one with this Repeater Region in it, and use a Repeater Regions Action to load one or the other.

I'm really glad, that i started using ISBoxer with such impressive awesome helpful devs/support/admins (no idea what is your position).
You do incredibly awesome explanations and suggestions/help :)
Tyvm :)

P.S. In click bars forum i made topic which is possible bug (in older version, didn't tested in current)
<<

Bubonic Pestilence

Post Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:39 pm

Looks like it'll be not enough for me.
Where I can download 41.8.0608.1?

Repeater region(RR) works perfectly for full-size VFX.

But at top-right part of dxNothing, i have 9x small parts(is2-10) and 1 big part (is1) of overview only
big: x1451,y0 -> w469,h723
small: x1451,y0 -> w24,h723
But, their original location is x1400,y100 in is*

And if I put repeater region above big one, i can force this RR to repeat only to part of screens, it's size always relative to full-window size

Yes, i can make this VFX pass-thru + put RR in every is* (because, i have keymap to rotate this big vfxes)
But in this case, if i disable Broadcasting, and switch to is1 window, RR still will be there... and i'll need to make tons of keymaps to toggle this RRs -.-

Looks like, i'll stick to old version, until you'll add option to enable "old vfx behaviour" to new version :)

Why do i need this?
Especially i play through dxNothing (which is like dashboard)
And if something goes wrong, i can switch to any is* and control just it(broadcasting is off in is1-10)

P.S. Tried to pixel-perfect position RR, though XML, and it can't accept y-coord 0, it accept 1+ or -1, but not 0 )
<<

Bubonic Pestilence

Post Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:03 am

Sorry for resurrecting thi thread, but still have 2 unanswered questions:

1) Can I & where I can download 41.8.0608.1? (Want to update ISBoxer Suite to latest version without this "fix")
2) Are there any chance, that behaviour that i described above will be impleted as feature (i.e. checkbox) in future version? Otherwise, i'll stay with this ISBoxer Suite version forever -.-'

Thanks for you reply.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:59 pm

From ISBoxer 41.9.0906.1 (changelog):
Code:
    * Named Repeater Regions now support 'name{SLOT}' scheme for matching Video FX Regions. For example, a Repeater Region with Name set to 'minimap' can match Video FX Sources named 'minimap1' in Slot 1, 'minimap2' in Slot 2, and so on.

The trick is to name your Video FX ending with the number of the Slot, like "overview1" in Slot 1, "overview2" in Slot 2 and so on. Then add a Repeater Region over your dxNothing Video FX that you want to control all of them with, and give it that Name without the number -- "overview" in this example. Pick the Target, which is whatever windows you want to send to.

Different sets of Repeater Regions can be Saved using the in-game ISBoxer Control Panel (e.g. a set named Auto, maybe empty, and a set named Broadcast All with these), and can be switched via a Mapped Key with Repeater Regions Actions or by using the control panel. So you can still toggle this behavior on and off at will.

I recognize this is slightly more difficult on you than before. I'll look into the check box thing but this is how what you want is possible in the current version.
Next

Return to Video FX