Dadjutsu

Post Sat May 31, 2014 11:29 am

Non Aero Compliant ???

New to board so HI, all

I have a problem with aero, I have
windows 7 pro
video cards is 2x GTX 670 in SLI 4800x900
I have the aero theme installed

I followed MaRai's FX tutorial thats on youtube and found it straight forward, yet I get a green screen saying to check that Aero is enabled. as I have indicated above, I believe that I have as my vid card is 10 & 11 compliant.

I Downloaded the windows fixit for Aero, when it ran it said my card was not aero compatible, which is nonsense, it meets all the specs required for aero.

I am not a happy bunny having spent £1500 on my video setup, to be told it does not work lol

I am not sure what to do next, so any help would be welcome
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat May 31, 2014 11:40 am

Re: Non Aero Compliant ???

Dadjutsu wrote:I have the aero theme installed

I'm pretty sure that every single version of Windows 7 besides the Starter Edition comes with Aero installed -- But just because it's installed doesn't mean that it's enabled. You need to go into your Personalization options and enable an Aero theme. If you already have one selected, but your desktop doesn't reflect that, then you can either try flipping between two different themes in an attempt to 'refresh' it or reboot your system. I also don't know if nVidia surround affects Aero in any way since 99.9% of people don't multibox like that.

Also, every video card manufactured in the last 3-4 years has the ability to use Windows Aero.

EDIT: If I remember correctly, you have a multi-PC setup. If you're trying to use VFX between computers that doesn't work.
<<

Dadjutsu

Post Sat May 31, 2014 11:51 am

thanks for your prompt reply.

I gathered that trying VFX across systems may cause problems , so the healer is on my main whilst trying VFX out

I will try what you suggested, about swapping aero themes

I will also try dropping out of sli and see if that is the problem, I am sure you would like to know if it is for future ref.

I will get back to you.. thx :-)
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat May 31, 2014 12:04 pm

Dadjutsu wrote:I will also try dropping out of sli and see if that is the problem, I am sure you would like to know if it is for future ref.

I know that SLI is compatible with Aero because I use it almost everyday like that, but, more specifically, nVidia Surround may be causing issues -- I'm not entirely sure since I've only ever used Surround once or twice.
<<

Dadjutsu

Post Sat May 31, 2014 3:02 pm

1. I found to force Aero to run, use the Windows Experience Index from "Performance Information and Tools", to rate your systems performance, this launches Direct3D 9 Aero followed by Direct3D 10 Aero.
Aero ran in SLI and completed the test scoring 7.9 out of 7.9 for video, however most of the aero functions failed once the test was finished and I still had a problem.

2. I tested in Single and multi screen with 3 monitor display and Aero works perfectly.

so it looks like I am going to have to give up my big displays, which probably means I can run all 5 accounts on 1 pc instead of two.

I have yet to tryout in Isboxer, I had to stop and make dinner. So I will make a new set and let you know when I done.
<<

Dadjutsu

Post Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:08 pm

ok, Ive given up with windows 7 aero, every time I enable it, win 7 just wants to turn it off.

from what I info can gather, win 7 monitors system resources, because of me switching in to windows and back into wow, I am using lots of mem, I have 4gb of vid mem and 16gb system, so I would not have thought it would be a problem but win 7 kept asking me if I would like to switch to a basic windows display, I said no but it did it anyway :shock:

I have been using SSD drive to boot my pc and I had a spare 2nd hand one that I bought for £20, I have install win 8.1 to try that out,

VFX works a treat with Grid & clique ... probalemo solved!! :D

thxs for input received :-)
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:48 pm

Dadjutsu wrote:ok, Ive given up with windows 7 aero, every time I enable it, win 7 just wants to turn it off.

from what I info can gather, win 7 monitors system resources, because of me switching in to windows and back into wow, I am using lots of mem, I have 4gb of vid mem and 16gb system, so I would not have thought it would be a problem but win 7 kept asking me if I would like to switch to a basic windows display, I said no but it did it anyway :shock:

The only time I've ever experiences this was playing a game solo in true fullscreen mode. Are you attempting to use fullscreen mode for your game clients? You should be using a windowed option.
<<

Dadjutsu

Post Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:09 pm

I have always used windows mode whilst using Isboxer, but I have to admit my main display was always very large, letting go of my 6 foot display (3x24")has been hard hehe
<<

LargeChicken

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:30 am

I haven't been able to pinpoint why exactly but VideoFX has worked for me in the past with aero disabled but I haven't been able to recreate that.

I know that's not really helpful in any way just figured I'd mention it.
I want YOU! To ask me questions
Tell me what you want a tutorial on in my request thread Here

My games:
Eve Online

Expertise:
Mining
Shooting red crosses
IsBoxer Setup
VideoFX

Return to Video FX