FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

FxSource trouble

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Fairchild

Post Sun May 04, 2014 11:08 pm

FxSource trouble

So I'm learning how to use Dashboard!

To my understanding, and from the vids I have watched on Youtube, it works like this:

Video FX Source - Sets portions of the game client as source. (Used in the actualy game window)
Video FX Viewer - Enables you to view said portions you have declared as source. (Used in the Dashboard)

So the steps are to :
Go to game window, Ctrl+Alt+Shift+G to bring up Video FX Console
Click on the Video FX tab,
Set as Video FX Source,
Set VidFX name,
and click Add.

Clicking add should bring up a malleable green box where you can set at different regions of the game as the "Source" which you will be able to view at the Dashboard.

This is where I am having trouble through. When I clicked add, the green box does not appear, but Innerspace still says "Video FX Source Test123 added".

I am able to view my entire game window on the Dashboard when "is1" is set, so I am not sure what is going wrong.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'll be most thankful. Is there something I missed? :?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun May 04, 2014 11:41 pm

Re: FxSource trouble

1) Are you choosing to create a Video FX Source or an Other Window Source? You should be using the former.

2) Do these Characters in ISBoxer (upper left pane > select a Character > bottom right pane) have the option Video FX Viewers stay when in background (blocks Video FX Sources!) enabled? If so, I think it's obvious from the description of the option that sources won't be able to be added to such windows -- Only dxNothing windows should have this option enabled.

Return to Video FX