FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problem making new set

Moderator: MiRai

<<

avendosora

Post Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:09 pm

Problem making new set

hey Im having problems getting the videoFx windows to show up with a new character set i made. I set a window up on both and pressing CTRL doesnt show anything from the other screen.just the green box witht e messages about why nothings showing up 8( Ive been usign this for years and this is the first time it hasnt worked ...i DID however just update the software with thatt new green hotkey default thing. I loaded up the other character set i have been using and the PiP works just fine so its not that my aero isnt working..odd right? was there a setting i missed when i made a new character set? I jsut want to add another account to it so I made a new one.

is there a way to just add another account to an existing character set if I cant get it to work? thanks in advance.
<<

avendosora

Post Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: Problem making new set

Ok I just happened to notice when loading up the game (lotro) that windows changed the color settings to basic. why all of a sudden is it doign this on the NEW character set? Im guessing this is why its not working since Aero is being forced off. the pop up screen says unkocwn program and unknown publisher.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:45 am

avendosora wrote:the pop up screen says unkocwn program and unknown publisher.

It shows the PID as well though, right? You can find which program it is in your Task Manager by looking at the PIDs (View > Select Columns).

Either way, my guess would be that since it's a new Character Set the new virtual files that are being created are copying the settings from your main, which is probably set to use Fullscreen mode and is confusing Aero when you launch. So, what might fix the issue would be to load up the affected team, change their display mode to something else, close out of them so that Aero turns itself back on, and then re-launch your team to see if that fixes it.
<<

avendosora

Post Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:32 am

Ok I fugured it out...for some reason the game forces Aero down. when I made a new character set it made new ini files. knew it was something going on! If anyone else has the same problem go to the UserPreferences.ini (found in your Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online folder) and set AllowDesktopCompositing=True (it is set to False by default which forces Aero into basic mode while LOTRO is running).

Return to Video FX