FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

What am I doing wrong? No Interactive VideoFX Feeds

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Gorthu

Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:58 am

What am I doing wrong? No Interactive VideoFX Feeds

I followed the instructions on setting up dfxNothing and I checked the box mouse follow cursor. I added two viewers - IS1 & IS2. Put them in the dfxNothing window (i'm only 2 boxing, so 3 regions). I set region 3 to be "on, if a game window is foreground". I have "videoFX viewers stay when in background....." checked. No interaction. Where am I going wrong? I'm playing SWTOR and running Windows 8.

EDIT: If I have mouse repeater on, then both windows are reacting to it. But that's really screwy.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: What am I doing wrong? No Interactive VideoFX Feeds

I checked the box mouse follow cursor

There's no "mouse follow cursor" box to check so I'm unclear on what you checked. I assume this is the "Focus follows mouse" option in your Window Layout. This option is unrelated to Video FX (but is useful to not have to click initially on the dxNothing window to focus it).

I have "videoFX viewers stay when in background....." checked.

This option is so the Video FX views don't disappear when you click on a window that's not dxNothing. Not related to interaction.

If I have mouse repeater on, then both windows are reacting to it. But that's really screwy.

Screwy how exactly? That sounds like what is supposed to happen when you turn on mouse broadcasting.

What you're looking for is an option on each Video FX Viewer, not an option in your ISBoxer configuration. Open up the in-game ISBoxer Control Panel and then click on a Video FX Viewer to bring up the editor for that Video FX Viewer. Then check the "Repeater pass-thru" box for Mouse, and if you also want Keyboard interaction check the "+ Keyboard" box, then click Apply.
<<

Gorthu

Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:26 pm

Re: What am I doing wrong? No Interactive VideoFX Feeds

Screwy as in, when the mouse moved they screens went crazy. spinning, etc. I'm pretty sure this will clear up after I get the feeds set. It could just be something with the logitech drivers. I have had it happen before when messing with videoFX windows.

However, it's that pass through that i missed, i bet. Thanks again for the fast reply. I was getting frustrated. I knew it would be something simple again.

Return to Video FX