FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[EVE] Send commands through view-windows to other clients

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Cmdr

Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:47 am

Send commands through view-windows to other clients

Since an image says more than 1000 words, I created one with paint:

here is my problem: How do I control the view-windows 1-3 independently from my main window (through clicks etc.)?
Currently, my main window broadcasts clicks to my view windows. My view-windows broadcast commands to each other but not to my main window.
How do I remove the link between my view windows, so that I can control them separately, while maintaining my main window's broadcast ability?

Thank you very much for your help in advance.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:34 am

Re: Send commands through view-windows to other clients

I'm not sure I follow exactly what you're missing here.

You posted this in the Video FX forum so we're left to assume that you're showing us 3 Video FX views in your image. If that were the case, then the answer to how to control them independently is to enable the Repeater Pass-thru option on your 3 Video FX views (press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+G to bring up the in-game ISBoxer Control Panel; then check the pass-thru box and click Apply), and then directly interact with each one. When interacting with the Video FX, the interaction goes directly to the source of the particular view, and will not control all of them at the same time.

If you have broadcasting enabled, and interact with your main window's actual drone window, then it's going to broadcast to the current Repeater Target (noting that by default that is all other windows, and from what you said it sounds like your other 3 windows are set to use an Action Target Group for theirs). You can put a Repeater Region over your main's drone window and have it send only to itself if you want to prevent it from broadcasting that to the others, while leaving broadcasting mode enabled.

Return to Video FX