FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

eyefinity

Moderator: MiRai

<<

jebathga

Post Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:46 pm

eyefinity

Can't seem to get Video FX to work at all. Aero is enabled. I use 3 monitors with crossfire 7970's with 6 eve clients. I know that not a lot to go on but I just wanted to know if eyefinity breaks video FX or Feeds.

Thanks

Love the software
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:43 pm

Re: eyefinity

I haven't heard of any reports of Eyefinity breaking VideoFX and I assume that if you disabled Eyefinity and tested out VideoFX you'd have your answer.

When you say you can't get them to work... What exactly are you doing? What names are you giving your FX?
<<

jebathga

Post Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:00 pm

MiRai wrote:I haven't heard of any reports of Eyefinity breaking VideoFX and I assume that if you disabled Eyefinity and tested out VideoFX you'd have your answer.

When you say you can't get them to work... What exactly are you doing? What names are you giving your FX?

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have turned off eyefinity but its still not working I get the green window that tells me that if I am seeing it then aero is not enabled . I assure you it is. I have named the source various things from test to my other char names. Gonna keep watching tutorials maybe I will figure it out.
<<

rfarris

Post Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:28 pm

jebathga wrote:...I get the green window that tells me that if I am seeing it then aero is not enabled ...

When I first started running ISBoxer (you know, last week) that green screen freaked me out too. Especially because I run a server that doesn't run Aero. But eventually I figured out that the green screen is the default thing you see while you're setting up your VideoFX source/viewers.

IT DOESN"T NECESSARILY MEAN THAT YOU NEED AERO.

I found that after I got the sources named correctly (and Saved As correctly) and the viewers set up correctly every thing was working.

A really easy way to see if VideoFX is working is to make a viewer for your #2 screen (whose default name is is2) on the main screen and press your ctrl key. If voila you can see video coming through, you're gold.
<<

jebathga

Post Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:42 pm

rfarris wrote:
jebathga wrote:...I get the green window that tells me that if I am seeing it then aero is not enabled ...

When I first started running ISBoxer (you know, last week) that green screen freaked me out too. Especially because I run a server that doesn't run Aero. But eventually I figured out that the green screen is the default thing you see while you're setting up your VideoFX source/viewers.

I found that after I got the sources named correctly (and Saved As correctly) and the viewers set up correctly every thing was working.

A really easy way to see if VideoFX is working is to make a viewer for your #2 screen (whose default name is is2) on the main screen and press your ctrl key. If voila you can see video coming through, you're gold.

Mine was a strange bug with aero. I had to to system properties then settings under the performance tab. There I had to change the settings to " adjust for best performance" reboot then go back and change it to "adjust for best performance". It was the only way to get the aero service to start up.. Now my issue is the fx window is too pixalated. Need to install dxnothing and mess with it. Thanks for the help :)
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:16 am

jebathga wrote:Now my issue is the fx window is too pixalated. Need to install dxnothing and mess with it. Thanks for the help :)

http://isboxer.com/wiki/FAQ#Why_does_my ... quality.3F

rfarris wrote:When I first started running ISBoxer (you know, last week) that green screen freaked me out too. Especially because I run a server that doesn't run Aero. But eventually I figured out that the green screen is the default thing you see while you're setting up your VideoFX source/viewers.

VideoFX ties directly into the Aero preview and, therefore, requires Windows Aero to both exist and be enabled.
<<

rfarris

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:11 am

There is nothing called Aero on either Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012. It may have the same underpinnings, but nothing called Aero. If you search your system on 8 or Server 2012 you will not find Aero.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:30 am

rfarris wrote:There is nothing called Aero on either Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012. It may have the same underpinnings, but nothing called Aero. If you search your system on 8 or Server 2012 you will not find Aero.

That's fair, they "don't call it Aero anymore". However, what was once called "Aero" and what everyone knew as "Aero" still exists with the same feature set in Windows 8, and if you search on windows 8 for "Aero" it actually does come up with 3 settings. "Change the theme" "Change the color of your taskbar and window borders" and "Personalize your computer". What needs to be running is Destkop Window Management (DWM). On Windows 8 there's just no apparently easy way to shut it off.

It still needs to be active in order to use Video FX.

Anyhow, on the actual topic.. A quick google for eyefinity DWM shows that there are common problems with the combination. Apparently people disable DWM/Aero for performance and to stop DWM from crashing.

Return to Video FX