FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[EVE] Video FX Source and Viewer Windows Not Saving

Moderator: MiRai

<<

EveBoxer

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:59 am

Video FX Source and Viewer Windows Not Saving

After setting up video feeds using the in-game ISBoxer Control Panel and 'Saving As', on restarting of the game and attempting to load the saved Video FX Set, the resulting windows are incomplete, broken or non-existant.

I have followed instructions as posted previously regarding command prompt solutions, with no success.

Does the Trial period only give me partial access, resulting in the problem?

Is it possible to succesfully save the feeds, Is it a known problem, do I have to go through the ISBoxer Toollkit to properly enable the saving of these vidoe feeds?

Windows 7 64bit User.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:11 am

Re: Video FX Source and Viewer Windows Not Saving

Does the Trial period only give me partial access, resulting in the problem?

No. The Trial is the same as the full product, only limited by 7 days time.

Is it possible to succesfully save the feeds, Is it a known problem, do I have to go through the ISBoxer Toollkit to properly enable the saving of these vidoe feeds?

The only reason they wouldn't save, is if your Character Set or Character names (as defined in ISBoxer) contain invalid characters for a filename in Windows, such as \ / : * ? " < > | ... If your Character Set or Character names have one of those, change it in order to correct this issue.

Otherwise, the reason it's not coming up automatically is because you saved your set of Video FX as something other than "Auto". The "Auto" set loads automatically. If you saved as "My Video FX", then you will need to load them manually by selecting from the drop-down box in the Video FX tab in the control panel, or with a Video FX Action configured to load your set.
<<

EveBoxer

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:37 am

Hi, thanks for the speedy reply.

I have reviewed my characters names, besides letters the names contain only spaces.

I have shortened the viewer and source names and removed spaces.

I have saved the Video FX Set with a custom name. I have loaded this Set but it still loads incorrectly.
<<

EveBoxer

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:26 am

Followup:

I have checked a 'scripts' folder in 'innerspace' directory following previously post on this forum.

The video set I was attempting to save, incorporated 3 account windows. When looking in the scripts I noticed that only 1 account is noted, and the scripts are incomplete.

1 or 2 of the feeds that do load, only load the viewer or source, never both.

It all works beautifully when it is all set up, and gaming is a pleasure, If only I can get the saves and loading working properly.

I have also tested this on a laptop running windows 8, but the same problem occured.
<<

EveBoxer

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:48 am

Followup:

I have emailed the link to my isboxer settings.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:05 am

Your ISBoxer Toolkit Profile looks fine, I see that your Character Set's name is fine and your Character names are fine.

In order to verify your Video FX as saved via the in-game Control Panel, you'll have to email me the ISBoxer.VideoFeeds.CHARACTERSET.CHARACTER.XML files from your InnerSpace/Scripts folder. This will tell me what Sources and Viewers you've created in each window, and what Video FX Set names they're saved under.
<<

EveBoxer

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:38 am

Thanks, I will send this through shortly.

Is there any specific order or way I should be saving my Video Sets.
If I have 3 windows open, do I save from the all of them or just one of them, must I save each under a different name.

I have been mostly saving from the window that receives all the viewers.
I have tested all the variations above without any success
<<

EveBoxer

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:26 am

I have created and saved a Video Set consisting of 4 video sources from 2 character slots and the 4 linked video viewers on the 1st character slot window.

Character Slot 1 - Video Viewer - WilliamsOverview - Width 250 - Height 450 - With 'Repeater pass-thru' and With '+ Keyboard' checked on
Pure Satisfaction - Video Viewer - WilliamsMods - Width 460 - Height 160 - With 'Repeater pass-thru' and With '+ Keyboard' checked on
- Video Viewer - EcstacyOverview - Width 250 - Height 450 - With 'Repeater pass-thru' and With '+ Keyboard' checked on
- Video Viewer - EcstacyMods - Width 460 - Height 160 - With 'Repeater pass-thru' and With '+ Keyboard' checked on

Character Slot 2 - Video Source - WilliamsOverview - Width 250 - Height 450
williamsinthecape - Video Source - WilliamsMods - Width 460 - Height 160

Character Slot 3 - Video Source - EcstacyOverview - Width 250 - Height 450
Pure Ecstacy - Video Source - EcstacyMods - Width 460 - Height 160

I have removed all previous saved Video FX Sets and have emailed the resulting character.xml files that have been created after the Video FX Set save 'TestVideoSet'
I saved once from Character Slot 1, Pure Satisfaction

File Location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\Scripts

Only 1 character.xml file created:
ISBoxer.VideoFeeds.Roaming Team.pure satisfaction.xml

On restarting of the game and loading the saved Video FX Set, and opening the ISBoxer Control Panel in each of the 3 Slots, the 4 viewer feeds opened up in all of the windows, rather than the source feed windows.

Regards
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:56 am

In order to verify your Video FX I would need a file from each Character, rather than just one. Something is obviously not right.

If I have 3 windows open, do I save from the all of them or just one of them, must I save each under a different name.

When you click Save As, each of your game windows saves all of its Video FX Viewers and Sources. You do not need to save each under a different name, because when you Load a Video FX set it's also going to load in every window. If you're saving as anything other than "Auto" then you will need to manually load your Video FX Set either with the drop-down box + Load button, or with a Video FX Action.

On restarting of the game and loading the saved Video FX Set, and opening the ISBoxer Control Panel in each of the 3 Slots, the 4 viewer feeds opened up in all of the windows, rather than the source feed windows.

How are you launching the game exactly? If I had to guess as to how this might be happening, all of the windows probably think they're the same character. In order for that to happen, I would expect your answer to be that you have ISBoxer launch the launcher, and then you proceed to use that launcher instance to launch all 3 of your characters.

What SHOULD be happening is the launcher should be configured to close after launching the game.

http://isboxer.com/wiki/EVE:Quick_Start_Guide#Before_configuring_ISBoxer -- Note: The EVE Online launcher has an option to "Close the EVE Launcher after starting EVE Online". If you point Inner Space at the launcher as directed here, make sure to enable this option in the launcher! To find this option, open the EVE launcher and click the gear button in the top-right corner near the X (close) button, then in the "EVE Launcher Settings" window click the "Startup" tab and it is a check box there.
<<

EveBoxer

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:20 am

That was damn good trouble shooting.

Thankyou for your persistance, looks like it is working. Going to restart everything and give it a test.

Thanks again.

Return to Video FX