FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How do I make my VFX toggle to be ON by default?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

TRoN

Post Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:32 am

How do I make my VFX toggle to be ON by default?

Greetings!

I've created a Key Map 'Video Feeds' containing all the related Mapped Keys that manages VFX. Everything works perfect but one detail remains unsolved and I can't figure why, maybe bacause I still don't understand how the Mapped Keys or the Key Maps are initialized after beeing loaded.

I made a toggle to show/hide all the VFX (in fact this toggle shows/hides also all the Click Bars - it's a global UI cleaner). The toggle works great.

The problem is, when loading a team, all the VFX are OFF and I have to switch to every window and turn it ON. I've changed the step order: first OFF, second ON to first ON to second OFF but it always starts hidden. And I want the toggle to be ON by default.

The toggle is not in Control KMap but in Video Feeds KMap. Can be that? Bacause Maps/Repeater Click Bars always start nicely, reseting to their ON/OFF default state when loaded or reloaded. Why not my shinny toggle?!

Can someone please help me to understand this?
Thanks a lot!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:43 am

Re: How do I make my VFX toggle to be ON by default?

The default state of the Video FX are unrelated to the default state of your Mapped Key.

In order to make your VFX appear by default, they should be saved in a Set called Auto. Then they will just show up regardless of your toggle, whenever you reload or export.

If you don't want to save them in a Set called Auto, for example because you would rather create them via Mapped Keys than storing dynamically... then you can use the "Perform this Mapped Key when Character Set is loaded or reloaded" in your Character Set and have it do your VFX toggle to turn them on.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:51 am

lax wrote:If you don't want to save them in a Set called Auto, for example because you would rather create them via Mapped Keys than storing dynamically... then you can use the "Perform this Mapped Key when Character Set is loaded or reloaded" in your Character Set and have it do your VFX toggle to turn them on.
This is the method I use.
<<

TRoN

Post Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:52 am

Ok. Gotcha! Thanks!

EDIT: Well. It's still messing with me... because my toogle ON creates all the VFX (the OFF hides them).

It should be a way because I have a 'SingleTarget/AOE' and some other toggles (the Activate Maps or Repeater, for example) and they are automaticaly set to the same default state on load. Because the MK creates the feeds it should do it the same way. Am I wrong?
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:45 am

You may need to use Mapped Key Step Actions to synchronise which step your toggle Mapped Keys are on across all your windows. See the Activate Maps and Activate Repeat Mapped Keys for examples of how they are used.

When managing Video FX with Mapped Keys these days I generally use two Mapped Keys per set of Video FX. The first Mapped Key creates any sources and the viewers I need. The second Mapped Key toggles them (if necessary) using two Steps.
<<

TRoN

Post Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:21 pm

I have Jamba strobe toggle (starts off); Melee IWT toogle (starts on); Maps toggle (starts on); Repeater toggle (starts off); Healer is DPS toggle (starts on); SingleTarget/AOE rotation toggle (starts AOE) ...

All these toggles have their default state when I load a team and that default state can be set switching steps in their respective keymaps. It means that those mapped keys are like 'activated' on load.

Why a toggle that 1) creates 5 portraits VFX viewers plus 1 VFX source, 2) hides all feeds have such a different behaviour? The only difference is that all the others I mentioned are in the Control Key Map and this one is in a new created Video Feeds Key Map.

I know how to get over the issue and get it working but... what's bugging me is why this happens?

Also... as sometimes people say, I could make a lab test with simulated actions with text or something and I do it a lot... but sometimes I don't have much time and some little information is big enough to put me on the way forward. Now, I'm at work, where I can post a message or two, read a few threads and think about things. No games allowed - that's when questions come to my head :P Later, after work, at home, I do the dishes, watch the news and play a bit - lots of chars to manage, auctions, transmutes, leveling my endless RAF teams, and so on. So, I very much appreciate the time people give to help each other and to discuss these technical aspects of multiboxing - that's what make things running and evolving.

/cheer
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:01 pm

I have Jamba strobe toggle (starts off); Melee IWT toogle (starts on); Maps toggle (starts on); Repeater toggle (starts off); Healer is DPS toggle (starts on); SingleTarget/AOE rotation toggle (starts AOE) ...

All these toggles have their default state when I load a team and that default state can be set switching steps in their respective keymaps. It means that those mapped keys are like 'activated' on load.

The default state of those things is not activated by, nor related to, those toggle Mapped Keys.

Key Maps start on because they are assigned to your Character Set or Characters; the toggle happens to be designed to match that initial state. Repeater starts off because of boxes not being checked in your Repeater Profile. Healer is DPS being on or off sounds like it probably depends on whether or not he starts in a particular Action Target Group. And so on.

The default state OF YOUR VIDEO FX is OFF, because you have chosen not to Save a Video FX Set as Auto, in-game. You're asking how to change the default state to ON, and (unlike the things you are comparing it to) there is no way built right into ISBoxer Toolkit for any Video FX to default to ON. This is where your toggle, and the "Perform this Mapped Key when Character Set is loaded or reloaded" setting come in.

You want Step 1 of your Video FX toggle to TURN ON VIDEO FX, and Step 2 to turn them off. You want Step 1 to happen when you launch your team (or reload/export), by putting it as the "Perform this Mapped Key when Character Set is loaded or reloaded". Additionally, Alge is suggesting that a Mapped Key Step Action should be used in this toggle so that its state is synchronized across all windows; otherwise, the window that performs the Mapped Key (assuming it's just one) is going to have this Toggle set to Step 2 (so the first time it's hit it will turn OFF), and the others will have it set to Step 1 (so the first time it's hit it will turn ON).

Return to Video FX