FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

vFX window hidden on startup?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Dreamless

Post Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:44 pm

vFX window hidden on startup?

I was wondering if it is possible to have one of these windows start hidden so that it only shows on keypress but otherwise is hidden right from the beginning? Any advice regarding this would be greatly appreciated!
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:34 pm

Re: vFX window hidden on startup?

You'll probably want to look at creating a Video FX Action to get what you want.

As for having it hidden when you launch a Character Set, you can open up the ISBoxer GUI, close the VFX viewer, and then save your VFX layout as Auto. If you save with the VFX Viewer when it's hidden/closed it'll stay that way until you press the Hotkey tied to the VFX Action to enable it.
<<

Dreamless

Post Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:49 pm

MiRai wrote:As for having it hidden when you launch a Character Set, you can open up the ISBoxer GUI, close the VFX viewer, and then save your VFX layout as Auto. If you save with the VFX Viewer when it's hidden/closed it'll stay that way until you press the Hotkey tied to the VFX Action to enable it.

This is exactly what I am looking for, and I didn't even think to try this method before posting; unfortunately I cannot seem to get it to actually work. I tried both closing the viewer and hiding the viewer followed by saving it with the in game menu but unfortunately it does not seem to persist and will be viewable again at the next fresh launch. Also hitting the hotkeys needed to close the in game menu forces the viewer to show again even if it is closed/hidden.

So in short, thank you very much for the help, it sounds like you understand what I am trying to do exactly but either this method does not work in achieving it or I did not correctly understand or follow your direction, any further help from anyone regarding this would be appreciated.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:22 pm

Dreamless wrote:So in short, thank you very much for the help, it sounds like you understand what I am trying to do exactly but either this method does not work in achieving it or I did not correctly understand or follow your direction, any further help from anyone regarding this would be appreciated.

That method definitely works. I have used it myself.

For an elaboration on this method, see this guide.
<<

Dreamless

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:11 pm

Thanks, I wasn't able to get the windows to be hidden at startup regardless of what I tried but your guide gave me an idea for a work around.

One last question (hopefully), is it possible to make a video FX viewer window completely non intractable with the mouse? As on, as far as the game/my cursor are concerned I am clicking on the original client as if the viewer isn't even present?
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:29 pm

Dreamless wrote:One last question (hopefully), is it possible to make a video FX viewer window completely non intractable with the mouse? As on, as far as the game/my cursor are concerned I am clicking on the original client as if the viewer isn't even present?

No, there is no click-thru option for Video FX Viewers. Either move the viewer or hide it.
<<

nexxusofa178

Post Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:29 am

Hate to necro a thread, but I was trying this today and just could not get it to work. I searched google and found this post at the top of the results. I continued trying it for a while but, like the OP, just couldn't get it to work.

Finally I realized my problem. I was closing the video viewer and then saving my video FX layouts. I was then doing a mapped key to toggle show and hide and that's the part that wasn't working.

For anyone that stumbles across this, you need to save your layout with your FX window closed, then make a key that CREATEs the video fx viewer. Then you can do a second step that DESTROYs it. Using that instead of show/hide got it working like I wanted.

Return to Video FX