FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[EVE] Keep Video FX visible when window looses focus

Moderator: MiRai

<<

SamG1000

Post Mon May 07, 2012 12:09 am

Keep Video FX visible when window looses focus

Is there any way to keep the Video FX tab visible when the window does not have the focus?
I would need this so if I have other window as active on my other monitor, I do not want to loose track of what my cutout does.

I know that it will be more resources intensive.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon May 07, 2012 2:45 am

Re: Keep Video FX visible when window looses focus

You can but only at the price of not being able to place Video FX Sources in that Window.

The option to enable this is set for a specific Character and is normally only used for Characters that load a dxNothing Window. The option is on the General tab and is called "Video FX Viewers stay when in background (blocks Video FX Sources!)".
<<

DarkMoJo

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:11 pm

This is basically the same exact issue I am having. I use both of my monitors though. I need to have the viewers be static in the window where I do have a game. There's plenty of screen real estate, but I need them to stop changing windows as I focus onto another window. Is there a way to let the dxNothing window be a pass through to the full game behind it? Perhaps setting up an additional Action Target Group, and just have the dxNothing over top of the game I am playing with an enabled full repeater profile pointing only at the game below dxNothing?

Has anyone tried this at all? If you have, please post your methods & results. This is the last thing I need to have my multiboxing profile live & start making tons of Iskies.

~DarkMoJo
<<

DarkMoJo

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:14 pm

Okay, I figured it out. You have to make the dxNothing window. Then stack it on top of the client you want it to mimic. Leave the always on top option for this window region to off, because at some point you will need to access something behind the video feeds. When that happens, it's much easier to swap to the mimic'd client from the dxNothing window than it is to alter or move the feeds themselves. From there, you do a 1:1 feed of teh whole client to the dxNothing window. Basically just match the resolution your playing at and set the top & left numerical fields to 0,0 respectively & you have your "Transparent" dxNothing window. Only, it's not transparent, it's just displaying the client over the black backround. Then after that, you have to add each other feed you want to have within your client's screen real estate. Stay away from the synch button tho & be sure to use a program like paint.net to get your feed sizes correct using the "maintain aspect ratio" selections. This will let you make it all nice and pretty. I can explain some of the more granular aspects of this process if needed, though it is frustrating to no end. But, once you get it figured out, you'll smack yourself and never forget how to do it.

Here's my config for those that are curious.. It's for EVE online

and here's the screenshot of the finished product...

This all took me 3 days to learn and configure. I have the 2 screens with a separate swap group per screen. The regions on the left screen have swapping disabled, and the swap group on the right uses an Action Target group to target between the 3 Machariels on hot key press. This is all without interfering with the clients / regions on the left screen. I setup 2 separate hot keys to enable repeater. One combo enables repeater between just the characters on the right screen, using the ATG as the target, and the other toggles repeater between all clients / windows for entering passwords / character login, etc.

Just getting the key maps sorted out with the proper settings to work between the Machariel accounts using the ATG was a task in itself, so if you guys need any further info on this I'll gladly help out with what I have learned in the last 72 hrs....

~DarkMoJo
<<

SteelDragon

Post Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:07 am

I have a similar setup going and I'm having one of two problems. I can do the setup I want with either Vidoe FX viewers or with a dxnothing. I prefure the video FX but either do the same result. My issue is I want either the Video FX to stay up when I'm controlling from the screen on my right ( the Viewers / dxnothing are on my left screen ). Or to beable to show / hide the dxnothing screen. For those who play EvE I have a pair of Logistics on the left screen and my viewer / dxnothing is the second logi overlayed on the first logi screen so I can control both together. I need to keep both the primary screen and the video fx up at all times while controling my DPS ships on the right screen please help.

After playing around with it some more I have desided I would rather not use the DxNothing screen and want to stick with using video FX screens. So that poses the question of how do I set the Video Feeds to stay up when that game window is in the forground (not the active window)

Return to Video FX