FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problem Sizing Source and Viewer Windows

Moderator: MiRai

<<

mtp1032

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:55 pm

Problem Sizing Source and Viewer Windows

I dual-box a healer and a tank. The healer uses Vuhdo. This question pertains to sizing the source (healer) and viewer (tank) windows.

After adjusting the source window to fit my Vuhdo bars, when I click the [Apply] button, the source widow expands beyond the bars. For example, if I adjust the source window to, say, 140x136, after clicking the [Apply] button, the window expands to 212x229. It turns out that no matter what size I make the window, clicking the Apply button resizes the damn thing back to 212x229.

Of course, when I setup the viewer in my tank's window, I see the Vuhdo bars and a whole bunch of background.

How do I prevent this behavior so that my viewer (tank) window only shows the Vuhdo bars?

Thanks,
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:31 pm

Re: Problem Sizing Source and Viewer Windows

The trick is that when you click Apply, it's going to apply whatever is shown in the window to your Video FX that you're editing!

To refresh the numbers back into the window after dragging to resize it, click on the Video FX source or view. Clicking on it will re-select the source or viewer in the editor window, refreshing all of the data in the window back to whatever is set up on the Video FX source or view itself.

The behavior you're describing is, however, a useful way to have it restore to a known-good spot if you're playing around with positioning... just keep the Video FX editor window open with where you liked it, and click Apply to snap it back if you mess it up. :)

As far as only showing the Vuhdo bars, you will want to make sure the Aspect Ratio of the view matches the Aspect Ratio of the source, bearing in mind that if you are changing the shape of the window using your Window Layout, that will also change the shape of your Video FX view... You can use the drag method to adjust the view to only what you want to see, or you can use the super-secret Ctrl+Shift+Alt+Mouse1 method and drag from the top left to the bottom right on your Video FX view, which will crop both the source and the viewer to the dragged area. It's not supposed to be super-secret, but I see that it is. ;)

Return to Video FX