FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Other winow Source not working

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Carlos4561

Post Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:18 am

Other winow Source not working

o/
me again. My post in the other thread seems to not get any attention, so i post it in a new thread...

I´m playing EVE Online on windows 8 RTM with ISBoxer. They are on the newest available versions and everything except other windows source is working perfectly.
I tried to add them as described on the wiki, but when i click on Add, nothing seems to happen.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:07 pm

Re: Other winow Source not working

You're creating a Source (not a viewer!), and the Source is another window. Nothing will visibly happen when you click Add and create an Other Window Source. (I will have to add a popup text or something so you can be sure that it did something.) But once you do, you can then select Video FX Viewer from the drop-down box, and then the drop-down to the right of "Video FX Name" should include the Other Window Source with the name you gave it.

So testing this right now -- and to be clear I'm not on Windows 8 and I haven't had the opportunity to test this function yet on Windows 8 -- under Other Window Sources I type in "Explorer" for name, I pick "Explorer.exe pid2920 100d6 Start" which is the window that shows the Start button for Windows, and I click Add. NOTHING VISIBLY HAPPENS. But, okay, now in the top drop-down box pick Video FX Viewers. Then in the drop-down box below that, it now contains "Explorer". (If it did not, this would be a problem.) I pick it and click Add. It pops up a little box that says "Seeing green?", I then hold CTRL or close the ISBoxer Control Panel and it shows the Start menu button.

Return to Video FX