FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Video FX, After healing all buttons stop working on main

Moderator: MiRai

<<

homer

Post Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:46 am

Video FX, After healing all buttons stop working on main

I have set up Video FX and it works perfectly but very often I will go over to my video fx window and click heal(With grid) then move the mouse back out of the video fx window and all keybinds even ones built into wow stop working on the main and the healer, The 3 dps without video fx still broadcast and click healing on video fx still works when this happens.

If it is relevant I am spam clicking on the video fx window. I do not have "Enable Video FX Focus Hotkey" enabled

EDIT: Adding info as I try and fix.

Alt tabbing in and out fix's the problem but I can't exactly be doing that during boss fights. I also have the grid keys programmed on keys not on isboxer what so ever. It still happens if I click and move the mouse slowly as well.

Another odd thing is once they stop broadcasting WASD also stops but once I click around a little WASD and no other key starts working, While the healer slave get stuck pedlling in a random direction until I press a movement key on its actual window
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:55 am

Re: Video FX, After healing all buttons stop working on main

Hey, yeah I got your e-mail etc etc but I don't have an immediate answer for you. I'm trying to figure out how a normal person would have this issue ;) We probably need to figure out how to reliably duplicate the issue in order to narrow it down and fix it...

Do you have anything configured as Mouseover for your Video FX Viewer? (for example something that holds a modifier to do a different heal without you having to hold a modifier yourself)

Are you holding a modifier when you click?

Is broadcasting enabled (e.g. Shift+Alt+R) when you are doing this?

Might you be holding a button still when you move the mouse out of the Video FX? (As in, you click and begin to hold the mouse button while it's on grid, but move it off and outside of the Video FX before letting go)
<<

homer

Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:15 am

1. No

2. Yes, But tested many times with just a click no modifier

3. No

4. No, I was when i first configured it and it does make the same thing happen.

But what you explained does happen with keybinds. For example holding W as I move in/out of the window makes me get stuck moving forward. After repeated buttons pressed and VFX window clicked what I explained in the original post happens

Also I assume this is the way VFX works but just in-case. With my mouse over the VFX window I can control the source character completely. Movement keys etc. Maybe there is a blacklist feature I am not using?

Would there be a way to only broadcast click and modifiers? That may help you never know.
<<

homer

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:39 pm

If you need I can make a fraps video of the error in action to help you.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:31 pm

Also I assume this is the way VFX works but just in-case. With my mouse over the VFX window I can control the source character completely. Movement keys etc.

Uncheck the "+ Keyboard" option on your Video FX Viewer and click Apply

Return to Video FX