FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Is the Video FX Destroy Action working?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

FuryOfNature

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:03 am

Is the Video FX Destroy Action working?

Is the Video FX Destroy Action working in ISBoxer at present?

I can Create Video FX Sources and Viewers in ISBoxer no problem:

VFX_Create.jpg
VFX_Create.jpg (33.37 KiB) Viewed 7981 times

I can also Hide and Show Viewers OK.

However I cannot get the Video FX Destroy Action to work:

VFX_Destroy.jpg
VFX_Destroy.jpg (29.88 KiB) Viewed 7981 times

I want to use the Destroy action within ISBoxer, as it appears that you cannot create a new viewer that overlaps the area used by a previous viewer, even when the previous viewer has been hidden.

Therefore it appears to me that the only way to implement different viewers that use the same screen space and are swapped between via a hotkey is to destroy the previous viewer and then create the new one each time they're swapped(?)

Thanks for any advice or insights!
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:35 am

Re: Is the Video FX Destroy Action working?

I don't know about the Destroy Video FX action but I can confirm it is possible to have multiple viewers in the same location and to hide all but 1 of them and have that work because I do that to be able to see tooltips on my slaves.

However, I always create all of my sources and viewers (using Video FX actions) before I hide any of them. Maybe try that. But as to why it works that way and not your way, I have no idea. It may be something to do with the names you are using or how you have things setup in ISBoxer. You could always share your ISBoxer configuration so I or someone else can see if there is an issue with how you have set things up.
<<

FuryOfNature

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:49 am

Alge wrote:I can confirm it is possible to have multiple viewers in the same location and to hide all but 1 of them and have that work

Thank you Alge. Simply knowing that something can be done is often very useful when you can't make it work and you're doubting whether it's even possible :)

Alge wrote:I always create all of my sources and viewers (using Video FX actions) before I hide any of them.

I was creating all sources. I was then creating and hiding each viewer in turn. So following your suggestion I tried creating all the viewers first and now my original hide/show approach is working for me. Cheers!

I would still like to know if anyone has got the VFX Destroy action to work or maybe Lax could comment on that, as I have yet to get that action to work.

- Thanks
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:16 pm

Video FX Action's "Destroy" function is fixed in 40.1.0404.2. Update through Help->About. Thanks. :)

Also, to be sure: there is nothing exclusive about areas on the screen. You can stack all of your Click Bars, Video FX, and Repeater Regions in the same spot if you like. Which one of those is interactive at the time your mouse is over it might be another story. :)
<<

FuryOfNature

Post Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:31 am

Lax - thank you for the quick response and patch. That's awesome customer service and much appreciated!

Return to Video FX