FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Next Click w/ Video FX

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Lee

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:00 pm

Next Click w/ Video FX

Hi,

I was wondering if this was the right place for a feature suggestion just in case what I wanted to ask currently cannot be done (at least easily) with the current iteration of ISBoxer.

Before anything else, the next click works great out of the box and using it with VFX is IMO the best approach I've seen to the genre old problem of firing AoEs without "cheating". I wanted to know if it was possible to lock the temporary viewer in place and have it behave like other VFX viewers that allow pass-thru so the cursor can move the AoE reticule without the viewer following it around. While it works really great as it is, it also tends to strain sensitive eyes like mine when used extensively in the manner by which I use it; which is to set the source and viewer dimensions to be nearly equal to full screen which makes for pinpoint targeting (and my subsequent disorientation lol).

I've been able to simulate this by setting up a keymap with a series of steps to create a viewer, fires the AoE, and disposes the viewer once the act is done, but I could never get it to flow as smoothly as Next Click does since it requires more than the 2 taps Next Click employs.

I hope there's a way to do this, or if not, that it would be easy to incorporate on a future build. It just seems to me that ISBoxer has all these built-in right now, albeit, found in different parts of its capabilities.

Thanks for the help :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:32 pm

Re: Next Click w/ Video FX

I've been able to simulate this by setting up a keymap with a series of steps to create a viewer, fires the AoE, and disposes the viewer once the act is done, but I could never get it to flow as smoothly as Next Click does since it requires more than the 2 taps Next Click employs.

You should be able to get the same behavior as Send Next Click with clever usage of Mapped Keys. Set up a hotkey on Press. Have it start the viewer, and turn on a separate Mapped Key assigned to Mouse1 on Release. This Mapped Key turns off the Viewer, and broadcasting.

Past that, I'll look into it. Not unreasonable :)
<<

Lee

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:15 pm

Thank you for the quick reply :)

:oops: I blame myself for getting tunnel vision when making stuff like this and trying to do it all using one key :lol:

I'm making it as you suggested and it makes perfect sense now that I'm testing it out, but doing so reminded me of another reason why I was looking for a Next Click option: I couldn't "round-robin" with the VideoFX action to have it feed the actual character prepping up the AoE.

On a side note, I've always wanted to ask, since ISBoxer manages separate instances of a game, can it potentially suppress the video of other instances so as not for them to show/render? And if it can, would it be easy to load these screens at will? I've come across programs in the past that could do so though what they handled were a lot simpler than the games of today.

I run a 5-man (sometimes 10) team, but I only use the screens of 2 (at most 3) characters for feeds, info etc. I also set it up to not rely on mouse broadcasting after reading about the reason for the 60/30 fps settings in the quick start guide, hoping to tweak performance on the screens I use at a later time. I'm not sure if I'm correct to think that in this context, the resources devoted to the screens I almost never switch to are wasted somewhat; and if their video loads are taken out of the equation, that overall performance will see a positive impact. My knowledge of the involved technologies are sketchy at best, so I do apologize if it's a dumb question :lol:

Thank you once again for the suggestion, and thank you as well for looking into a possible feature addition. I'll likely only use one guy for AoE or setup keymap clones/multiple steps to handle the others in the Action Group. My setup is getting crazier everyday with my adding a controller and voice recognition into the mix, but nothing would work the way it's meant to be done without ISBoxer at the heart of everything. It's pure genius!!! :D
<<

Lee

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:09 pm

Just editing to point people to a very helpful post w/ roots in dual-boxing.com that's in this forum regarding dynamically controlling video settings that mostly answers my questions regarding controlling other screen's video. Here's the one from dual-boxing :)

Return to Video FX