FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

No Source "Seeing Green"

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Boost

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:09 am

No Source "Seeing Green"

Halp!
-So I checked and my Aero is working and is currently my theme. I also ran an Aero trubleshooter .exe from the windows website that said everything was working fine.
-My laptop "score" is a 4.6.
-I'm running on vista.

I've watched Marai's video 101 Healing and the video FX one. I have used the Video FX option flawlessly during my Trial about two weeks ago, so I know how to set it up..... when I open my "viewer" on my tank I just get the green box that say's "Seeing green?" and stuff about Aero/Vista..... and holding CTRL???? What exactly does that mean? I'm completely at a loss here as to why I'm not getting the "source" feed through my "viewer window. The both have the same name OFC. Help :cry: This is the main reason I got ISBoxer(along with the fact that it's flippin' sweet and has everything ever forever always).
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:04 am

Re: No Source "Seeing Green"

When you first open the ISBoxer Control Panel (probably by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift+G) you should see the green box for all your Video FX. Like so...

To actually see what those Video FX viewers show while the ISBoxer Control Panel is open, you must hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard. Then you should be able to see the contents of the viewers, like so...

If you happen to have a viewer with its source set as the same window, then you will get the "Seeing Green?" message even while Ctrl is held down, like so...

Note: there is no way around that limitation that a source and viewer must reference different windows.

Finally, to have your Video FX function properly, you must close the in-game ISBoxer Control Panel (default is Ctrl+Shift+G).

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:09 am

Yeah that really is just about it. If you are doing all of that correctly and you "see green", then I have no other explanation besides "DWM composition" (a major part of Windows Aero) is disabled.
<<

Boost

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:18 am

Desktop Window Manager is running. I checked in "Control Panel\System and Maintenance\Administrative Tools\Services". I'm running Vista Home Premium 64-bit. The Source is on my healer window over his grid. The viewer is in the tank window. Everything should be working but it just isn't. Would you recommend maybe reinstalling? If I do, I assume I lose any extra macros/actions/etc. that I made in ISBoxer? :cry:
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:07 am

Reinstalling ISBoxer won't change whether or not Video FX work. The only things with ISBoxer that will make a difference, other than what Alge covered, are:
1. per Character there is an option "Video FX Viewers stay when in background (blocks Video FX Sources!)", where if this is checked for any given Character, the window he is in CANNOT provide Video FX Sources.
2. you can delete your vfx source and viewer, and try again. Try making a viewer of just "is1" or "is2" -- you can select a Source from the drop-down box directly above the Name box when making a Viewer and it'll automatically fill in the name, height and width. If you had accidentally entered the wrong name, or put in a space after the name, etc then that would also result in "seeing green" (because there isnt a source with the name given)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:13 pm

Okay so someone pointed out to me today that the "Seeing green" message shows up in Sources and is confusing because no matter how many times you hold Ctrl, the source is still going to be green. You have to close the ISBoxer Control Panel to get that green out of the way.

As of 40.1.221.1 (available through Help -> About ISBoxer), a Source window has a different message that now shows:
Code:
This green frame
obscures the Source
unless you close
the ISBoxer Control Panel

Make sure that the game window that you made your Sources in has the ISBoxer Control Panel closed, or you will see that message in your WORKING viewer. :)
<<

RogerRoger101

Post Mon May 21, 2012 1:20 am

ok since this topic is very relative to my issue here it goes.

i followed the video, not once but three times. this is what i get (yes Aero is enabled).

The following is the source. the source name was ommited due to having my character name in it (yes it is unique) no "is-...." anything in the name
more like "miner test source 1"

now on the video Fx "viewer" i select, view, then the name of the source i wish, in this case "miner test source 1"

this is what it looks like on the character viewing the video fx feed:

Now i made it (the video fx feed) bigger because it natural default is this tiny window that you can barely see whats up. any idea why its does this?
as you can see by the window below it makes a very small video fx window. where as if you try to enlarge it it will look like the window
just above this one.

NOTE: dont care about miner fittings when im trying to setup the video especially when im just sitting outside of a station :P (to all the purists)
<<

Alge

Post Mon May 21, 2012 3:08 am

<<

RogerRoger101

Post Mon May 21, 2012 4:11 pm

for f*ck sakes... ok so maybe they need to add "yes video fx works great on one monitor but dont try this with two with different resolutions. actually im going to see how this works on just one.
<<

Alge

Post Mon May 21, 2012 7:19 pm

You can have pretty much exactly the same set up you have now, you just need to do it a different way, by using a dxNothing window. The links you need are in my previous link. You're welcome ;)
Next

Return to Video FX