FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

No Source "Seeing Green"

Moderator: MiRai

<<

RogerRoger101

Post Mon May 21, 2012 9:19 pm

Re: No Source "Seeing Green"

i appreciate the response, dont get me wrong. i will try the dxnothing.

Alge wrote:You can have pretty much exactly the same set up you have now, you just need to do it a different way, by using a dxNothing window. The links you need are in my previous link. You're welcome ;)
<<

fogyreef

Post Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:23 pm

I third this issue.

I can use IS2 or the other autopopulated source names just fine, but creating a source with my custom name, and then a viewer using the same name as provided by the dropdown, the viewer doesn't work.

Other curiosities; I'm using a g510 keyboard with the G1 key dedicated to the Gui Toggle hotkey. However, when a slave is on the main monitor and I hit G1, the Gui comes on, but the slave switches back to it's home position. I have to go bring him back to the hot window to start editing.

Unless Lax is abandoning FVX for dxNothing, I'd like to resolve this issue rather than leaving it hanging out there, but thanks Alge for the workaround.

http://privatepaste.com/60147839d4

Last edited by fogyreef on Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:58 pm

... wat... so little of this thread is related it's silly. Please don't ever hesitate to start a new thread and ask a question...

Okay first of all I can't "abandon Video FX for dxNothing", it's just a "game" window like the others you have open. Video FX and other features work identically in this window as in the actual game windows! Also, any source that actually exists will show up in the drop-down box under Viewers.

The only thing that comes to mind from your description is either the source didn't get made (by clicking Add) or that the viewer is in the same window as the source. You cannot have a viewer in the same window as the source, hence putting it in another window (such as dxNothing or a game window) works.

Secondly a sizing issue came up in this thread. If you resize a Video FX viewer to have a different aspect ratio than the defined source, the mouse scaling will not line up correctly. The other size issue is appearing pixellated when the Source is in a window that gets shrunk by your Window Layout, hence using Full Screen Stacked to keep them full size.
<<

fogyreef

Post Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:28 pm

Heh. I thought it was pretty close to OP, myself.

lax wrote:The only thing that comes to mind from your description is either the source didn't get made (by clicking Add)

Sources are made via add, as in the pictures.

or that the viewer is in the same window as the source. You cannot have a viewer in the same window as the source, hence putting it in another window (such as dxNothing or a game window) works.

Source and Viewer are in different windows.

Secondly a sizing issue came up in this thread. If you resize a Video FX viewer to have a different aspect ratio than the defined source, the mouse scaling will not line up correctly. The other size issue is appearing pixellated when the Source is in a window that gets shrunk by your Window Layout, hence using Full Screen Stacked to keep them full size.

I tried one more time, without changing the size of the source/viewer from their default. No go.

Update: The sources have to fit in the 640x400 corner of the main monitor for them to show. They're reference is restricted to their mon2 size.
Resolved: With Instant Swapping off, the smaller windows on the second monitor are at the literal resolution they represent on the screen. i.e.- they're not the full scale of your main monitor, so all source windows you make will only show the upper left corner of your full sized "hot" monitor that correlates with your slave windows. A fix may be in the works soon.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:03 pm

Okay, so after some discussion in the chat room we determined that the issue in fogyreef's case is that with Instant Swapping off, the resolution of the game window is changing while the Video FX source is remaining the same size and position. Since the new resolution is 640x400, any Video FX placed outside of the top-left 640x400 region will no longer be there. The same effect can be had with Click Bars and Repeater Regions -- they will simply be off-screen due to the resolution change. Since it's off-screen, it doesn't work correctly.

I will be looking into a solution :)
Previous

Return to Video FX