FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Other Source not always seeing my Firefox window

Moderator: MiRai

<<

hotnutz

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:14 am

Other Source not always seeing my Firefox window

I am not quite sure what is going on, but since watching a video about this new feature I wanted to watch youtube, netflix etc in game. The issue is when I go to create the other window source, in the dropdown where it shows my process IDs etc. It will usually not show my Firefox there at all. I am not sure what I did to get it to see it, I restarted some thing etc. and all of a sudden it is there, yay.

But.... there next time I loaded everything up, the veiwer window is there but the source isn't showing firefox in the actual process dropdown box again. Very annoying as I am not sure if this is some sort of bug, or something I may be doing wrong. I am positive I am setting up the video fx correctly though.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:07 am

Re: Other Source not always seeing my Firefox window

For firefox to show up in that list, you will need to make sure it is not minimized. Switch away from "Other Window Sources" and back to it to refresh the list after
<<

hotnutz

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:13 pm

Re: Other Source not always seeing my Firefox window

Ya I noticed that seemed to have something to do with it, but it still is acting somewhat buggy. It seems if it is minimized before I start IS, even after I maximize it, it won't pick it up.

One other issue with this, let me know if I should put it in a new topic for future reference..

It seems after getting the viewer going with firefox as the other source, randomly it will disable my mouse broadcasting. I can only get the broadcasting to work again by restarting my wow clients. I tried a /console reloadui etc and that didn't get the broadcasting to work again.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to provide more info with these issues. Thanks for all the help as well.

Return to Video FX