FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

video FX and screen swapping

Moderator: MiRai

<<

crash86

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:17 am

video FX and screen swapping

I am very new to this but i think i am catching on pretty fast. I am playing wow using ISBOXER and when reading the wiki i noticed you should be in stacked full screen for video fx to be of use (for grid etc.) my question is... is there a way to get instant screen swapping the same as if i were using another layout like "single monitor layout"? so if i were to click on one of the screens i made using video fx, that screen would become my primary screen. I hope this make sense and i do i hope im not asking to much of what already is an amazing bit of software lol

thanks
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:46 am

Re: video FX and screen swapping

Short answer, yes there is a way. However, I am sketchy on the details at the moment.

Also, I suspect (hope?) this functionality may be in the next version of ISBoxer.

In the meantime, I'll have to see if I can remember how to do it...

EDIT: I think I may have to have another go at this when it isn't 4 in the morning :!:
<<

crash86

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:49 pm

your reply sounds more promising then what i was expecting:) ill have a tinker and see what i come up with myself... (more then likely nothing lol)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:19 pm

The way to do it right now is with Click Bars + Window Focus Actions.

ISBoxer 40 has (will have) a feature built in so you will not need to set it up like that when it becomes available. :)
<<

crash86

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:36 pm

i think i will wait until ISboxer40 as not to totally mess my config lol. I had another query though :) i followed your guide to using dxnothing onto a second monitor so i could add video fx objects onto it. My only problem is that whenever i mouse over away from the 2nd monitor with dxnothing on it, the screen goes blank. Is it supposed to do this or am i missing something

thanks again
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:53 pm

What you missed -- from the dxNothing guide -- is this:
1. In the top pane in ISBoxer, under Characters, select dxNothing (or whatever you named it)
2. In the bottom right pane, check the check box that says "Video FX Viewers stay when in background (blocks Video FX Sources!)"
.. then Export :)
<<

crash86

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:59 pm

lol i was literally just writing an edit to say i had read it again or rather "NOT" skimmed through it and found what i had missed. But thanks for your speedy response :)

Return to Video FX