FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Copying VFX setups

Moderator: MiRai

<<

sfdd

Post Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:03 am

Copying VFX setups

Good day all,

I created a copy of an existing Character set and did a few modifications (added a keymap, some clickbars, etc.). One thing that did not get copied with the set was the Video FX that I had configured (e.g. windows for each of my slots on the dxNothing window, various video sources/feeds showing things on my main character window, etc.). I assume that this information is buried somewhere in the ISBoxerToolkitProfile.xml file, but not being a developer or really understanding anything about XML, I didn't want to muck it up :).

Is there any "easy" way to copy the Video FX settings to a new character set? As an aside, it would be nice to have this option when copying a character set (maybe a check box for either copying (or not copying) the VFX config).

Thanks,
sfdd

P.S. I just read Vecter's post on configuring VFX with ISBoxer (thanks Vecter :)) and I am going to start playing with that, but it would still be helpful to know how/what to copy within the XML file.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:58 am

Re: Copying VFX setups

Copying a Character Set doesn't copy everything that's assigned to it. You'll still need to manually assign the Key Maps, dxNothing
Window Layout, etc to that particular Character Set. As for your VideoFX... look in your InnerSpace\Scripts folder. You'll need to
manually edit the XML files if you're not using default names for feeds (i.e. - IS1, IS2, etc).
<<

sfdd

Post Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:02 am

Actually, it appears to copy pretty much everything EXCEPT the VFX config (key map designations, window layouts, click bars, etc.).

I will look at the Scripts folder.

**EDIT** I popped into the InnerSpace\Scripts folder as MiRai suggested (thanks again for the pointer). I was easily able to find the VFX files that were associated with the character set that I had copied. All I did was make a copy of all of those files, paste them into the Scripts folder and then rename them using the name of the new character set I had copied from the original character set. For example, if my original character set was named "A-Team and my new character set (copied from A-Team) was called B-Team, the files that I would be looking for would be things like:

ISBoxer.VideoFeeds.A-Team.CharacterName.XML <-- copy this file

Paste the file back in and rename it thus:

ISBoxer.VideoFeeds.B-Team.CharacterName.XML

Do this for each character in the character set (there should be a seperate Video Feed file for each character in the set).

This was pretty easy, but it would still be handy to have copying of the VFX files as an option when copying character sets :).

Thanks,
sfdd
<<

vecter

Post Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:32 pm

Exactly the reason why I went away from ingame creation of FX feeds, it was just too much hassle to copy from one team to the next and hope I wouldn't screw something up in game. I created a quick guide doing these in ISBoxer and would encourage you to give it a shot.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1677

Return to Video FX