FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

windows aero keeps switching to windows vista?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

twigg

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:59 pm

windows aero keeps switching to windows vista?

hi my windows aero keeps switching to windows vista? every time i open up ventrilo witch is removeing my video feeds while runing a healer multi-boxing . i have a windows vista comp and a 9800gtx geforce V-card runing nvidia . someone said they heard nvidia is causeing it but not sure any idea's on how to fix plz and ty. ;)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: windows aero keeps switching to windows vista?

Basic, it might switch to the Basic theme that does not include Aero when an "incompatible program" is started.

I don't see why this would happen when you open Ventrilo though. Find the Ventrilo icon on your desktop, right click it and select Properties. Click the Compatibility tab, and make sure nothing is checked in that page, especially desktop composition (and possibly visual themes)
<<

twigg

Post Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:51 pm

ok tryed that and all diff combo with those check boxes then try opening up vent clicking settings> overlay tab and tryed those still not working but ill keep trying diff things . im going to try contacting vent to see if they know how to fix it , if i figure it out i will post for anyone that is haveing same issue :( . ty for the try and any more info will be helpful :D
<<

twigg

Post Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:56 am

so far i hear if you have updated your vent in the past 1yr it will do it and now im just trying to find a older vent none updated ... vent forums - i posted one about this issuse and could not find it after i posted it and tryed reposting it and now says i dont have the abilty to do that till they aprove me weird so more sit and wait i guess ;)
<<

twigg

Post Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:55 am

ok got it working simple right click vent icon properties > compatibility tab .check in boxes run progamin ,disable visual and run this progam as an admin .... everything else unchecked. know open vent click overlay uncheck left top 3 box'es

Return to Video FX