FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

video source sizing off

Moderator: MiRai

<<

blackhatbrigade

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:47 am

video source sizing off

This may be related to a previous post I saw about sizing, but it didn't sound the same.
http://www.privatepaste.com/7b9dae6d12 (per instructions)

I'm trying to create a source with a size of about 127 x 1100 on my 3rd screen, then have the viewer on screen 1 that will show the source in a smaller area. The problem I run into is, when I link the viewer to the source, it shows an area about 800x800 or so (it shows a massive chunk of the window) and it does it at an extremely low resolution. I've deleted and redone the source and viewer windows a couple times now and the problem won't go away.

Thanks for your help.
<<

blackhatbrigade

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:50 am

Re: video source sizing off

http://isboxer.com/wiki/FAQ#Why_does_my ... quality.3F

Just started looking through some of the other posts and I think I found the problem.
<<

blackhatbrigade

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:04 pm

Ok, that was only a partial fix. It solved the resolution problem, but the view I'm getting from the source is the wrong width. The height appears to be correct, but it's also showing a lot more to the right of what I selected. I suppose I can just re size the viewer so I don't see everything to the right of what I wanted, but just wanted to be sure that was expected behavior.
<<

Xeniaz

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:26 pm

Hello blackhatbrigade,
On the viewer, you need to manually enter in the height / width that you are using on your source.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:17 pm

What you're seeing that is unexpected is if the Viewer's aspect ratio does not match the Source's aspect ratio, it will treat it as if the source is either wider or taller -- meaning you will see beyond the intended source region. To correct the problem, resize the viewer so that the aspect ratio matches :)

Return to Video FX