Source/Viewer of same slot

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:36 pm

Source/Viewer of same slot

Lax,

Is there a technical limitation (hall of mirrors effect?) that restricts the ability to have a visible viewer of a source from the same window? If not, would it be possible to allow this as an option which is off by default?

I am using up to 20 video feeds (16 most of the time) on each screen now in my RIFT setup (works great and I am working on a video demo) but the setup would be simplified if I could, for example, treat my main's player frame in the same way I treat the feeds of my slave's player frames from their slots.

Thanks,

Alge
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:24 pm

Re: Source/Viewer of same slot

I would rather have this ability available than add some arbitrary rule about the current window, it's not my limitation ;)

I do plan to add this feature but unfortunately it's not something I can just switch on, it will need to be specifically developed.
<<

ericpijl

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:47 am

Is this functionality implemented or is it still in the planning stage? I wanted to use innerspace to move some of the statis UI around in SWTOR.

Would this work if I use a dxNothing window? Does the dxnothing window require a seperate monitor or can I stack it under the normal gamewindow? Would I be able to click through the viewer on the main window so that it clicks somewhere else on the main window through the viewer->source->viewer or does that mess up the mouseposition?

I don't have subcription time left on my account so i can't test this
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:09 am

Is this functionality implemented or is it still in the planning stage? I wanted to use innerspace to move some of the statis UI around in SWTOR.

Not yet implemented, and don't hold your breath ;)

Would this work if I use a dxNothing window? Does the dxnothing window require a seperate monitor or can I stack it under the normal gamewindow?

It's just a window, put it wherever you want. It's most useful on a separate monitor, but anywhere you want it to be is fine. ;) Including on top of your main window and set to Always On Top.

Would I be able to click through the viewer on the main window so that it clicks somewhere else on the main window through the viewer->source->viewer or does that mess up the mouseposition?

If you put a dxNothing window on top of the main window, you're going to be clicking on the dxNothing window and not the main window. If you have an interactive Video FX viewer on the dxNothing window that is on top of the main window, it's going to act the same as an interactive Video FX viewer on a dxNothing window on a second monitor. Or on your main window.

Return to Video FX