FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Video Feeds: Feature request/sugestion

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Nexor

Post Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:14 pm

Video Feeds: Feature request/sugestion

Would it be possible to add a Option to have when you set up your Video Source + Viewer that it has also directly a Repeater Function?

Currently the way i do it is usually i set the Viewer + Source first up and put over each than a Repeater, but if there is another option to do this and maybe something like i suggested is already in place could someone direct me to a link or something?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:36 am

Re: Video Feeds: Feature request/sugestion

I have some related plans, but for now you're doing it right. :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:06 pm

ISBoxer 38.2.407.1
* Repeater Regions now include an optional name field, effectively linking regions in different windows together. When the mouse is passed from one of these named Regions, the mouse in the destination windows will be matched up to its Region of the same name (if it exists) -- moving and scaling as needed
* Video Feed Outputs can now build in Repeater functionality direct to the source, supporting mouse and keyboard, moving and scaling as needed. This requires Inner Space build 5420 or later.

Currently configurable through the in-game Video Feed Editor window, I'll be adding these controls elsewhere over the next few days as well (Video Feeds Action)

See http://isboxer.com/wiki/ISBoxer_Releases for update info if needed
Build 5420 of Inner Space is now live to support the new ISBoxer changes.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:36 am

Awesome update! I love being able to interact with my video feeds of is1-is5. This will also simplify setting up bar feeds - no more having to put stuff in different spots on different windows! :D

A couple of small possible bugs...

When creating a new repeater region (in ISBoxer Control Panel), "All" and any thing with all in it do not appear in the target list.
In the Toolkit, Video Feeds Action, Load Video Feed Set named... appears not to be functioning. I can load a feed set via the ISBoxer Control Panel though.

Alge
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:11 am

Thanks for the bug reports :) 38.2.408.1 now available

ISBoxer 38.2.408.1
* Fixed Repeater Regions tab in in-game ISBoxer Control Panel to have 'all other' Target listed again (broke in 38.2.407.1)
* Video Feed Set Action will now correctly load a Video Feed Set
* The new Repeater options built into Video Feed Outputs can now be configured through the Video Feed Set Action
<<

Alge

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:01 pm

My setup involves four full screen feeds along the bottom of the screen and then four more feeds (of my slaves action bars) above those. I use Video Feed Actions to create those feeds (and re-create them all every time I switch slots). I've added in the new functionality to activate mouse pass-through to the appropriate targets on all of those feeds.

Occasionally (maybe 20% of the feeds), when I switch slots and then back to my main, one or more of those regions will not respond to mouse clicks either in a strip along the bottom (maybe 15 pixels) or even more rarely everything except a tiny strip along the bottom. Here's the weird bit: just hitting Ctrl+Alt+G to bring up the control panel and then immediately hitting Ctrl+Alt+G again to close it makes all the panels work again, i.e. pass mouse actions through.

I will be re-doing my toolkit profile to only create those feeds once (and not continually re-create them) but thought I should mention this behaviour.

Alge

P.S. Sorry if this is lacking on details. I need to head out.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:31 pm

I noticed similar behavior as well, I will get that fixed asap -- but as you have found it is relatively easy to work around in the meantime :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:47 pm

Fixed by Inner Space build 5422, now live. :)
<<

Nexor

Post Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:52 pm

Thanks for adding it :)
<<

Alge

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:55 pm

I have another request: Would it be possible to add some of the click bar functionality to video feeds? Specifically, would it be possible for a video feed, in addition to passing a click through to the target, to also do a mapped key on a click? I am envisaging something similar to how clicks work for click bars, where you can specify mapped keys for left and right click + modifiers.

Why would anyone want to do this? Let me explain...

Case 1

I have a set of feeds that I use to track quests on my slaves. Those feeds have mouse pass-through enabled. In RIFT that means that the slave's quest log opens up to the appropriate quest (on a left click) or I can track a particular quest (on a right click). What I would really like to happen is that a left click not only opens the quest log of that slave but also opens an interactive video feed of that slave's quest log.

I can get most of this behaviour by putting a click bar behind the slave's quest tracker feeds which, on left click, sends L to the appropriate slot and also opens the appropriate interactive feed of the slave's quest log but I need to turn off mouse pass-through in the first feed to get this to work. The only issue with doing it this way is that the quest log just doesn't open to the correct quest. Not a big deal but is would be cool to have it work as above.

Case 2

My feeds of is1-is5 used to have a click bar behind them that allowed me to switch to that slot by right-clicking on the feed (which fell through to the bar). Now that I have made my feeds interact with the mouse, the clicks no longer fall through. It would be very cool if, in addition to being fully interactive, say Ctrl+Right-Clicking the feed switched to that slot.

Alge
Next

Return to Video FX