FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Video Feed Bug - From ISBoxer (not in game UI)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

zanthor

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:32 am

Video Feed Bug - From ISBoxer (not in game UI)

So I'm trying to setup my video feeds, my goal was to have a hotkey that could cycle through heal frame video feeds based off party size (1,2,3,4,5,10,25,40) so I'm not sending a big square the whole time full of data I don't care about most the time... I did my dry run to make sure I understood the concepts in the in-game UI and then went to the ISBoxer config to fire it up...

First thing I noticed was the description of Video Feed Viewer & Video Feed Source is not consistent in ISBoxer, in ISBoxer they are Video Feed Source & Video Feed Output, I really like the "Viewer" nomenclature better as an output can be from 1 client to another or from 1 client to the user... very confusing!

Second thing I found, and this one is the big one... the keymaps do not respect targeting for the creation of the fields. I had a single multi step keymap setup, step one was supposed to create the source for Samarri, step two was supposed to create the viewer for Letum. I would load game, hit the key twice and it wouldn't work. After much debugging I found that if I saved my layouts on Samarri and Letum respectively, I'd get the following:

Letum
Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<!-- Generated by LavishSettings v2 -->
<InnerSpaceSettings>
   <Set Name="FeedsCreatedLetum">
      <Setting Name="element162" feedsource="Heals" X="912" Y="787" Width="93" Height="47">feedsource</Setting>
      <Setting Name="element171" feedsource="HealHotBar" X="768" Y="1017" Width="383" Height="33">feedsource</Setting>
   </Set>
   <Set Name="FeedsCreatedSam">
      <Setting Name="element162" feedsource="Heals" X="912" Y="787" Width="93" Height="47">feedsource</Setting>
      <Setting Name="element171" feedsource="HealHotBar" X="768" Y="1017" Width="383" Height="33">feedsource</Setting>
   </Set>
</InnerSpaceSettings>

Samarri
Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<!-- Generated by LavishSettings v2 -->
<InnerSpaceSettings>
</InnerSpaceSettings>

I got around this by creating a keymap to create the feeds, a second keymap to create the viewer, matching keymaps for destruction, and a master keymap that executed those keymaps on teh appropriate clients.

I'll try to be in the IRC channel today to clarify any questions you may have. It is 6:30am and I started this at 4:30am, so I think this is all accurate, but I had 3 diaper changes and 1 bottle in that two hour period and far too little sleep! And somehow, it's still the most amazing thing when my little girl farts in my general direction.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:10 am

Re: Video Feed Bug - From ISBoxer (not in game UI)

Appreciate the detail on the issue, when you're ready to try it out I have a fix for you ;)

Return to Video FX