Moderator: MiRai

<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:10 pm

Some Ideas on how to use Video Feeds

Thanks for setting up this forum Lax.

A couple of video feed resources for those who don't read dual-boxing.com:

How to set up functioning slave bars on your main: http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=34663
How to manage video feeds with mapped keys: http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=34559
<<

Berserker

Post Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:20 pm

Re: Some Ideas on how to use Video Feeds

Wow -- awesome guide. I set up a subset of the video feeds (no clickbar or bag feeds) and cursor feeds and everything worked perfectly the first try.

I just set this up in Rift (to handle some annoying loot-drop quests and broken auto-follow and it worked like a charm.
<<

Alge

Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:52 am

Here is my current work-in-progress for 6-boxing a mixed team in EQ. I use a combination of DPS keys (via keypress on Hotbar 1) and clicking on spell gems and hotbar 2 and 3 buttons (in the video feeds by using an overlying repeater region). The combination of video feeds and overlying repeater regions allows me to click gems/buttons on both my main and slaves. I can also monitor the casting bar as it appears inside the video feed region for each slave.

By using the extended target window and group roles in combination with another video feed plus overlying repeater region I can target and mez (CC) with my enchanter from my main. This will get even easier once I get the leadership AA to mark targets.

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:12 am

Awesome, I love it. Need more people to post screenshots like this!

Now if only MiRai would get that Video Feed walkthrough video ready... ;)
<<

Thrae

Post Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:19 pm

This, is awesome.

One question - are there any tricks to get the Repeater region to line up with the Video feed? It looks like there's a Sync button to align the position of the Video Feed Source/Output, but I'm finding lining up the Repeater region on top of the Video Output is always just sliiiiightly off when I'm clicking and resizing it....
<<

Alge

Post Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:56 pm

Yes, there is a way. Will have to get on my home PC to give you the details.

OK, I recommend backing up all files before editing them. You have been warned!1!!1!!1!!!!1!

In your Inner Space installation directory there is a directory called Scripts. The files you will need to modify are in that directory.

You are looking for files with the file name ISBoxer.Regions.<Character Set>.<Character Name>.XML

Each saved set of regions will have its own part in that file. Here is part of one of mine:

Code:
   <Set Name="Auto">
      <Setting Name="element3222" BlockLocal="TRUE" X="321" Y="907" Width="320" Height="93" keymap="" mappedkey="">2</Setting>
      <Setting Name="element3229" BlockLocal="TRUE" X="641" Y="907" Width="320" Height="93" keymap="" mappedkey="">3</Setting>
      <Setting Name="element3236" BlockLocal="TRUE" X="961" Y="907" Width="320" Height="93" keymap="" mappedkey="">4</Setting>
      <Setting Name="element3243" BlockLocal="TRUE" X="1281" Y="907" Width="320" Height="93" keymap="" mappedkey="">5</Setting>
      <Setting Name="element3250" BlockLocal="TRUE" X="1601" Y="907" Width="320" Height="93" keymap="" mappedkey="">6</Setting>
      <Setting Name="element3264" BlockLocal="TRUE" X="1105" Y="710" Width="155" Height="83" keymap="" mappedkey="">4</Setting>
   </Set>

You can change the X and Y values to change the location of your repeater regions and the Width and Height values to change the width and height of the repeater region. My values are set to match those used when setting up my video feeds using Video Feed Actions in ISBoxer. You will need to do that for each character in each character set (I think).

I hope that is enough detail for you to follow.

Alge
<<

Alge

Post Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:00 pm

I've had a couple of peo0ple PM me about my EQ interface, sp here are the details"

It is based off AngUI: http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fi ... hp?id=4585 using the horizontal spell window option

and this group window: http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fi ... hp?id=5794

I also use a smaller hotbar mod: http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fi ... hp?id=5194

I have also fiddled a bit with some of the windows to get them to my liking but what I have linked above should get you most of the way there.

Alge

Return to Video FX