FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Rift PRIME wont launch with InnerSpace

Moderator: MiRai

<<

mirky

Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:00 am

Rift PRIME wont launch with InnerSpace

I'm not a strong ISBoxer user, but I did manage to get Rift working with two accounts. That's been going fine.

Trion launched Rift PRIME which is a new server, but uses the same glyph client. Rift Prime isn't in the IS Boxer game menu, but I picked Rift and setup a new team - my characters from Prime do display in IS Boxer when picking a team. When I go to InnerSpace and to launch the team, it opens Glyph. At this point I can log into the game with my primary team member 1, and hit Play and it gets stuck on Verify in the launcher and sits there for a minute or two, until I get a game error. See attachments.

Any help? Is it something I can configure, or a change needed in ISBoxer for Rift Prime?
Attachments
RiftFailedToLaunch.JPG
RiftFailedToLaunch.JPG (12.68 KiB) Viewed 18455 times
RiftErrorMsg.JPG
RiftErrorMsg.JPG (19.72 KiB) Viewed 18456 times
RiftVerifyStuck.JPG
RiftVerifyStuck.JPG (106.24 KiB) Viewed 18456 times
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:38 am

Re: Rift PRIME wont launch with InnerSpace

Start with this: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9100

You'll have to let us know if there's any difference. We've not heard yet from other people about RIFT PRIME, other than your post and someone on Discord asked "anyone here doin rift prime and boxing?" So we really don't know the answers yet. :)
<<

mirky

Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:37 pm

Thanks for the link! That helped a little, but...

OK maybe a good news, bad news thing. I set Inner Space loader aggressiveness to minimum and that got Glyph to properly launch Rift. However, there is no IS overlay on the first character that launches, and the second character never even starts Glyph to log in. Essentially it's as if I launched the game directly without inner space. And now this goes for both Prime and the default game. So what was once working, regular Rift, shows the same behavior when I launched a previously functioning IS Boxer Character Set. Prime is built into Glyph, so there's no backing it out. I essentially can't use ISBoxer at the moment. Any other ideas?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:37 pm

I can't say I have other ideas because these are in the linked post

1. Get us Compatibility Diagnostics from a running instance of the game (instructions including a video .. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics)

2. Try the specified builds from the archives
<<

mirky

Post Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:54 am

Hi, I did this with both Rift and Rift Prime
6258 - Set Innser Space Loader Aggressiveness to Minimum (or doesn't launch game from Glyph), Glyph opens, game launches, no ISBoxer overlay, no screen settings resize for windows, and no second Glyph launched
6255 - Glyph opens, game launches, no ISBoxer overlay, no screen settings resize for windows, and no second Glyph launched
6233 - Glyph opens, game crashes when hit Play, rinse repeat
6200 - YAY it works! However having trouble with the Window layouts; I can't get the aspect ratios and mouse sync in order. Last time the defaults worked fine, but now it's being a pain, so still working on trying to configure it.
I should add this all worked fine last weekend. I'm not sure how frequent the version updates are.

Compatibility Diagnostics at https://pastebin.com/WJXbuHmi
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:13 pm

Build 6260 has now been released, with fixes for game launch issues -- please try the current live build and see if that fixes it again for you. This might fix that resolution issue you're having with the prior build
<<

mirky

Post Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:56 pm

Hi, I updated to build 6260. When I start my character set it launches Glyph, I log in, hit Play, and the Rift never launches. I don't see Rift launch in the Task Manager. Similar to build 6233 for me.
I tried a couple things, none of which fixed it
1) Used the same settings that worked in 6200
2) Set Glyph to NOT close after launching game (when set to close upon game launch, Glyph WOULD close, but Rift never launches)
3) Removed everything from ISBoxer and Inner Space, and started from scratch
4) Reinstalled ISBoxer and Inner Space, set everything back up, and tried

I appreciate the help.

If it helps, a new one https://pastebin.com/tRYNijTN
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:02 pm

I'll start off by saying that I have no idea if RIFT Prime is only broken for you with the latest build of Inner Space, or if you're the only person who is attempting to multibox it. It's "new" and I don't currently have Patron status to test it, so I'm not sure.

With that said, the game may actually be broken with the latest loader, or it may be something that is running on your machine that is breaking the current loader. You can wait for Lax to reply, as he may subscribe to gain access to Patron status in order to test the game himself, or you can try to help narrow it down.

So, there are a lot of non-essential programs that running on your machine, and I'd suggest shutting them down, or, in the case of Malware Bytes, completely uninstalling it to test. However, you can first try to remove the compatibility flag from the executable file.
Code:
0 C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\RIFT\Live\rift_x64.exe: HIGHDPIAWARE

If that doesn't work, then here is the list of programs, with added notes.

If after shutting all of those processes down 6260 still does not work then it will help to see yet another diagnostic without all of that stuff running, but like I said, Inner Space may actually need to be updated to handle the game.
<<

mirky

Post Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:12 am

Hi, I appreciate all the help, I really do! I agree, might be my setup, Rift, or maybe IS. Dunno. Since Prime and regular Rift are the same loader (Glyph) and the same game files it looks like, neither work. So, I would suspect if it is NOT a problem with my computer, it is a problem for any Rift player, Prime or not. I can't box with either reg Rift or Prime at this point, so might not even need Patron to test it out with free Rift.

I removed most of what you had in your paste. Some just started right back up, so I must be missing something. I could try disabling a lot from executing at OS start up, and maybe I'll take the time for that. I also uninstalled Malwarebytes completely (first tried with it just closed). I removed the compatibility flag as well. Still have the problem where Glyph launches, I log in, hit Play, and game never starts - or starts and crashes, it's hard to see.

Here is a new paste https://pastebin.com/yJ87rSHB

Again, you've both been supremely generous with your time to help me try and debug this. Much appreciated! I really hope it's not me or my computer or I'll feel like an idiot....
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:08 pm

Alright, well I don't think we realized that you also could not launch normal, non-Prime RIFT; from your first post:
I'm not a strong ISBoxer user, but I did manage to get Rift working with two accounts. That's been going fine.

So, with that said, both myself and Lax can launch normal RIFT just fine (both 32-bit and 64-bit). Have you tried switching between the two different bit selections in the Glyph launcher to test RIFT Prime?

The other thing that was noticed was that your drivers are slightly out of date, and the latest drivers that we're testing on are all 391+, so I'd suggest updating those to see if that fixes anything.
Next

Return to RIFT