FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Rift - Anyone used ISBoxer to play

Moderator: MiRai

<<

hephaestus

Post Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:37 am

Rift - Anyone used ISBoxer to play

Now that the NDA is over for Rift, has anyone used ISBoxer with the game as of yet? I am definitely planning on playing at release and was curious as to whether my favorite mutli-boxing software would be supported?

Thanks
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:46 am

Re: Rift - Anyone used ISBoxer to play

Digitalxero mentioned in the ISBoxer Chat Room that it seems to work fine, although he has only one beta account to play with. As long as Trion or whoever doesn't prohibit multiboxing, I don't see a reason atm that it wouldn't work :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:43 am

For anyone interested in trying this with Rift, this week's beta is being (or will be) tested with ISBoxer by myself as well as others.

To get Rift to work, you will first need to be on the development (test) build of Inner Space: Right click the Inner Space icon in the system tray (notification area) and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space.

Then add Rift to Inner Space: Right click the Inner Space icon in the system tray (notification area) and select Add Game, point it at the patcher (riftpatcherbeta.exe) in the Rift folder and click OK.

Rift will then be available for your use in ISBoxer. When using the Quick Setup Wizard, you will need to use "Other" as the game is not currently in the list of known games.
<<

bollwerk

Post Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:53 pm

My main concern is the existence of auto-follow and assist in the game.
<<

hephaestus

Post Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:58 pm

bollwerk wrote:My main concern is the existence of auto-follow and assist in the game.

Auto-follow, assist, target of target and other handy features, as well as a fairly open macro system are all available in beta. Unfortunately they will not allow modding at launch, but everything that you need to "legally" multibox (assuming it is not a technical violation of Rift's UA -- but no dev or community rep has responded directly to the multibox flame threads or questions asked by legitimate multiboxers, so no guarantee, but it doesn't seem to be an issue at this point, we will see at launch).
<<

hephaestus

Post Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:34 pm

Let me know if you want to test anything specifically in Rift, I will be attempting to duo tomorrow. I successfully set up and used an ISBoxer profile to run key maps I assigned to my G13 tonight and the key maps worked perfectly, so everything seems good so far. I plan on setting up Click bar tests tomorrow night once I get two accounts logged on.

Just FYI, until tonight, I haven't run into lag in Rift through beta 3 or 4 (even in massive combat with 70 + players wailing on raid boss invasions - I was really impressed at pulling great FPS during the events), they must be overloading the servers, as it has been extremely smooth to this point. I think this game may actually have legs, but I guess we will see going forward, it is the first game that hasn't been a massive disappointment for me in quite a while.
<<

hephaestus

Post Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:26 pm

Successfully ran Rift with both a one PC and multi-PC setup during beta. Everything functioning as intended. On the one PC setup, if I didn't use multiple monitors, my windows changed focus without any prompting, but that went away with a dual-monitor setup. I am not sure if it had something to do with my interface choices ingame or some quirk between Rift and ISBoxer.

Everything worked perfectly on multi-pc setup, now I just need to recreate my profiles because they changed the whole macro system between Beta 4 and 5. Hopefully the large amount of player complaints will cause it to go back, otherwise my key maps will be getting a lot bigger in ISBoxer.

Any chance there will be a Rift profile created for ISBoxer with some options for the game after release?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:18 am

Yes, if Trion policy at release allows Rift to be multiboxed, and there is still interest in the game, then it will at least be added to the list in ISBoxer.

Whether or not I can add sweet features like we have for WoW (e.g. macro management) all depends on the game client. The awesome thing about WoW is that the Addon system allows me to set up macros in the game that are only active when running the game through ISBoxer, and without harming any of the existing configuration or modifying the game itself. I would be happy to add this type of feature for other games, but so far nobody has come to me with information about another multiboxing-safe game having a reliable system. Runes of Magic has a similar addon system that works to some degree, and Digitalxero made an addon (available on Curse), but there is no consistent policy on multiboxing in Runes of Magic. I just can't do anything with a game like that.

Beyond that I could of course make default hotkeys that do not rely on additional macros, and this goes for any game.
<<

Mcwrathy

Post Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:53 pm

I have tried to get this setup. and i wanted to share my experiences, one at a time.

window layout.

i can get it to work fine with 5 windows, but, the problem is this:

I have to use the "riftpatchbeta.exe" to launch the game, and when I do this, and run my 5 character setup from ISboxer, it loads one at a time, a launcher which i can then log into, and continue to launch each client.

problem is, when I do this, and I have 1 region at 1280,720, it changes my screen resolution to 1024xXXX something, and I have to revert it, and then it loads a new launcher, login to account # 2 and repeat the window resolution thing.

This is with the game set to "maximized" there is a "windowed" mode, I understand, but when I switch to that, I get a big black screen in the middle of my desktop which never loads the game, ever.

Has anyone had the launcher load a window directly to the window layout slot as intended without changing screen resolution?

-Dan
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:07 pm

Inner Space doesn't change the screen resolution... sounds like Rift is for some reason. This sounds new though, you're the first one to report something like that.
Next

Return to RIFT