FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Follow/Assist Chars on Different Shards not working

Moderator: MiRai

<<

mirky

Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:20 pm

Follow/Assist Chars on Different Shards not working

Hi - Just getting into multiboxing after playing Rift for many years. I have two accounts now but I happened to setup my second character on a different shard from my main character. So for example I have billy@deepwood and jimmy@greybriar. I found that my follow and assist macros are not working. I tested them by creating a character on the same shard and invite to party (both deepwood for example) and they work fine. However, characters on different shards in party and it's not working. I tried explicitly adding the @shard to the end of the character names in the macro, but that didn't seem to help. I know I could transfer the second character to same shard as my main, but that's not the point. I feel it should work, and I'm just not setting it up correctly. I can't figure out if it's the macro or a setting in ISBoxer (which is completely new to me as of a few days ago...) Any help?

Let's say Billy is my main @ Deepwood

Code:
targetexact [shift] billy
follow
targetlasttarget

Code:
assist [shift] billy
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:31 pm

Re: Follow/Assist Chars on Different Shards not working

Is @ the correct symbol you should be using? Have you tried using a simple dash between the name of the character and server?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:39 pm

I had a bit of a search and couldn't find anything too definitive on it, but it appears as though the cross shard commands seemed to be more limited than the non-cross shard stuff.

That said, /assist and /follow are always noted as only working in party/raid, so if it is not working in party, then it may be worth asking on the Rift forums and see if a Trion rep answers with the detail. It would be worthwhile testing it out on the game console first, just the validate whether the direct command is working or not.
<<

mirky

Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:42 pm

Thanks for the advice. I should mention I'm using all the ISBoxer defaults and followed this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyBT7I11wSo

MiRai wrote:Is @ the correct symbol you should be using? Have you tried using a simple dash between the name of the character and server?

I tried, no dice. In Rift, @ is the symbol for any other shard identification. For example, invite to party is /invite jimmy@greybriar if I'm on deepwood shard.

bob wrote:I had a bit of a search and couldn't find anything too definitive on it, but it appears as though the cross shard commands seemed to be more limited than the non-cross shard stuff.

That said, /assist and /follow are always noted as only working in party/raid, so if it is not working in party, then it may be worth asking on the Rift forums and see if a Trion rep answers with the detail. It would be worthwhile testing it out on the game console first, just the validate whether the direct command is working or not.

So assist doesn't work in the game console. For example, if I have focus on my main and I go to my alt and type /assist Billy@Greybriar, it actually does nothing - no error or anything.

Follow however works, assuming I have focus on my main. For example, on my alt Jimmy@Deepwood, if I have focus on my main Billy@Greybriar and I type /follow Billy@Deepwood in the command window, I will follow.

However when I use them in game with ISBoxer with ALT+F and ALT+A, it doesn't work. If I hit F11 it will step through the macro each time I hit F11 - first targeting my main, and then following.

Anyway, I'll ask on the Rift forum and in game. I'll give in and move my alt to my main's shard.

Return to RIFT