FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Rift

Moderator: MiRai

<<

inmysights

Post Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:08 pm

Rift

Hello,

Over the past 18 months or so, you can see from my posts, I have had serious issues with Isboxer. I always just shrugged it off because of college and new one day I would have more time later to try and get it working. I am now done with college and would like to try and get to the bottom of my issues so I can actually play now.

So, to start off, I did another complete reinstall of WIn10. It is updated fully. I have installed my Nvdia drivers. I have steam installed with rift as well. and of course Isboxer. This will have been my 4th complete reinstall in the last 18 months trying to get this issue resolved. After this complete reinstall the issue still is present. Rift will launch normally but a soon as I launch with Innerspace, crashes instantly.

https://pastebin.com/GETNWy6d

Thank you
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:58 pm

Re: Rift

I know we've been through this many times before too.
The first thing I would say to that is, don't use the Steam version. The direct download is the one that it tested for compatibility. Steam games are difficult and it is one extra process that is loading an pushing in it's overlay, and other overlays generally don't play nice with Inner Space.

The other thing would be to get the crash dumps/reports that are being generated. The ones from the GlyphCrashHandler would be handy (it stores them in a temp folder somewhere in you local %APPDATA% profile, which you can locate using Process Explorer or Process Monitor to see what files get opened by the GlyphCrashHandler, or just by nosing around); or if you use something like ProcDump to get a mem dump of the crash.
I would use a command like (depending on what is actually crashing):
Code:
C:\DumpDir\procdump -accepteula -e -t -l -f "" -w "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RIFT\GlyphClientApp.exe" C:\DumpDir > C:\DumpDir\procdump.log

or
Code:
C:\DumpDir\procdump -accepteula -e -t -l -f "" -w "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RIFT\rift.exe" C:\DumpDir > C:\DumpDir\procdump.log

And then I'd review the log file, analyse the dump in Windbg and look for the crash point, or email it to lax@lavishsoft.com with a brief of the issue (although he is pretty busy currently with fixing a breaking change, so it probably wont be an immediate response).
<<

inmysights

Post Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:41 pm

Re: Rift

I deleted the steam install of rift and used the standalone installer. I am getting the same issue.
I have downloaded those tools and will try and get this dump file for Lax. I am ready to Multibox and get to the bottom of this!

Return to RIFT