FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Unable to launch

Moderator: MiRai

<<

inmysights

Post Sun May 14, 2017 1:44 pm

Unable to launch

Hello,

I have been having issues multiboxing for about a year now. Started last July with AION. Then I tried Rift, then EQ2, then SWTOR, back to AION rinse repeat. Each time I have installed a fresh windows install, with my graphics drivers, steam and then the game installations. Same as now. I have a fresh install with just graphics drivers steam, AION and Rift that's all.

Here is my paste: https://pastebin.com/yh4u32rc

Both games are still doing the same thing as always for the past 10 months. They launch and then just hang. I can see them in task manager but that's it.

I would love to get back to playing all of my characters again.

Thank you
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun May 14, 2017 5:02 pm

Re: Unable to launch

Tricky.

Only advice I've got would be to limit the extras that the GForce drivers install, so you only use the base driver install.

Other than that, next to the Compatibility Diagnostic is a Trace Diagnostic. Maybe grab that on the frozen instance, and send the memory dump to Lax. Not sure that he will be able to spot anything as it definitely looks like a hung process in the process init; i.e. before Windows has allocated much in the way of resources to it, including hooking in NT.dll, and that is always a bad sign. Hostorically, this kind of thing has pointed to drivers and/or antivirus being the cause. The latter I'd almost rule out as you appear to be using the standard Windows Defender. The former, no idea what you've loaded, if anything.

Return to RIFT