FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Glyph client freezing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

justin3680

Post Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:14 pm

Glyph client freezing

Setup ISboxer and InnerSpace using the Rift guide and everytime and anyway I try to launch the game the glyph client pops up and freezes at login screen...

I have also tried using the glyph 32 and 64 bit client. Deleted the programs reinstalled and tried resetup a few times. Always the same result. Also tried installing ISboxer and InnerSpace to the same drive I have the game on...still same result a frozen glyph client...BTW glyph launches perfect every time I dont use innerspace.

here is my report NEW REPORT added got ride of a bunch of stuff. still not working
http://pastebin.com/YSNUQEKL
<<

justin3680

Post Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:40 pm

Re: Glyph client freezing

any help/ideas out there?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:10 pm

First, Glyph only has one type of client, which is 32-bit, and the 32/64-bit is specifically for the games which it launches (e.g. RIFT).

Second, it could be that one, or more, of the following programs are conflicting with Inner Space - http://pastebin.com/raw/gu1rxRw6

When it comes to "shutting down" anti-malware and anti-virus software, they usually need to be completely uninstalled, and then your computer completely restarted. If such programs were easy to shut down, then unwanted programs could simply do just that, which is why uninstalling them for testing is what's usually required.

I'll also mention that you're running four different types of anti-virus/malware software (AdFender, Kaspersky, SuperAntiSpyware, and WinPatrol) which is likely just creating unnecessary work for your machine as it is. Running more of the same type of software, does not necessarily make your system any safer than simply running just one of each type.

If after you've eliminated the programs from the above entry, and things still aren't working, then we'll need another diagnostic (preferably from the Glyph Client if that's what is freezing).
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:42 pm

While you are doing all the other stuff MiRai said, you should also remove the HIGHDPIAWARE compatibility flag from rift.exe

Code:
242.0 E:\GAMES\Glyph\Games\RIFT\Live\rift.exe: HIGHDPIAWARE
<<

justin3680

Post Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:20 pm

First off many thanks guy.

Okay so I did everything you both said and still same problem is happening.

As for the HIGHDPIAWARE I went properties>compatibility and unchecked Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. I tested with it on and off and still same issue both ways either way. I believe this is what added the flag. The only other thing I can try is disabling this all together for everything which I believe is under Display Settings and slide the bar to 100% for change the size of text apps and other items. I will do that if you suggest it but man that would suck. 4k monitor everything looks like dots on my old eyes...I did this and it didnt make any difference.

GameBarPresenceWriter.exe was a strange one to find but found out its part of the xbox services so I set anything xbox related to disabled

For the security tools Adfender is a pop up blocker and I guess winpatrol and superantispyware are technically antivirus software i did uninstall them all but your main Internet Security Suite needing to be potentially uninstalled for your program to run correctly is just crazy..nonetheless its gone for now.

Since nothing has helped I did a report for all rift and glyph processes, not sure if that makes a difference but here they are.

http://pastebin.com/BRBTfsev
on GlyphClientApp.exe

http://pastebin.com/Jiahe06C
on GlyphCrashHandler.exe

http://pastebin.com/rj0VmMwU
on rift_x64.exe

http://pastebin.com/ZnCm6jx2
on rifterrorhandler_x64.exe
<<

justin3680

Post Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:45 am

updated all my drivers and updates all my programs that were out of date and still the Glyph client freezes at login...at a total loss
<<

justin3680

Post Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:02 am

Im starting to get his feeling this is a lost cause for me.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:25 am

It might be, although not likely. There are around 3 other reports from people with a similar issue where something weird it going on with Glyph and Inner Space is not hooking in correctly. You aren't alone, but you are also not the majority.

Last status I knew, Lax was still working on figuring out some niggles with Glyph, and this may be one of them. That said, as a large number of people are not all having the same issue, then the worst case scenario is to reinstall your computer.

you could try a few other things first, like sfc /scannow
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:01 pm

We don't want to leave you hanging, but with a clean diagnostic and our limited knowledge on the matter, I don't think the "normal" support can give any further assistance. If you are to get this resolved, then you need to speak with Lax directly (e-mail here), because bob and I have no idea. As was stated, a small handful of people seem to be having trouble with the Glyph client, but there's no indication as to what that is, at least not on the surface.

I don't know what Lax will say, and I'm not about to give any promises, but I imagine if you're willing to install some debugging tools to, perhaps, assist him in this, since no one seems to be able to reproduce the issue at all, then that may help in tracking things down, but again, I really don't know.
<<

justin3680

Post Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:45 pm

no problem at all and I totally get. I will send the eamil and see what they can do.

I really appreciate the help you both gave

Return to RIFT